best friend | nas

Manhattan, New YorkNasir's mansionOctober 14, 199512:10am

Manhattan, New York
Nasir's mansion
October 14, 1995
12:10am

"I know you fuckin' lyin' right now, yo." Nasir groaned, mean mugging every single person in his house as he walked in.

The loud music along with the mixture scent of chronic and smelly bodily odours added to the pounding headache he already developed earlier at the studio.

"Yo, Nas!" Nasir turned to face his brother Jabari, better known as Jungle, who was making his way through the bodies of people in the living room to approach him.

"What took you so long?! Everyone's been askin' for you!" Jungle exclaimed while Nasir just stood there giving his brother a death glare.

"Yo, who the fuck told you it was okay to have a party in my crib.. again?! I'm gettin' real fuckin' tired of this shit, J." Nasir snarled at Jungle and headed towards the stairs.

Jungle gave his brother a look as he watched him walk away. "Aye, chill out with that 'my' shit." He said while following behind Nasir. "This is our house, which is something you seem to forget when things don't go your way."

Nasir stopped halfway up the steps to face Jungle. "Fuck that. I'm the one who bought this fuckin' house! You ain't pay for shit." He spat back, looking down at Jungle and mean mugging him. "And I'm about this close to kickin' both you and AZ stupid ass out." He glanced over at his best friend, AZ, in the corner throwing money on a female who was bent over shaking her ass for him.

Just when things couldn't get more irritating for Nasir, he spotted you smiling brightly at him as you headed towards him.

Usually, Nas would be ecstatic to see you. Aside from AZ, you were also one of Nasir's best friends. You both have been inseparable since you were toddlers.

When Nas finally made it big in the rap game, he vowed not to leave anyone who was close to him behind. And that's how all of you ended up here, throwing parties in his crib like you guys pay the bills around this mothafucka.

"Here she go with this singing nigga." Nas mumbled and rolled his eyes.

"Hey Nas!" You waved while walking towards the staircase with your male companion's arm around your shoulder.

Nas kissed his teeth and walked down the steps, brushing past Jungle to approach you. "Why the fuck is this nigga in my crib, b?" He asked pointing at the male but still keeping his eyes on you

"Aye, calm down." The male laughed. "It's a party, is it not?"

"It's A PaRtY, Is iT nOt?" Nas mimicked the male's slight southern accent.