black is king || five

ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ꜱᴀʜᴀʀᴀ • 502 ʙᴄ

| ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ • 23 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴏʟᴅ |

He clenched his jaw while his bright coloured eyes pierced intensely through his target. He wasn't a fan of hunting. He enjoyed eating meat, but hated being the one to kill the poor animals in order to do so. Unfortunately for Divine, it was his turn to set out for some food, according to the rules him, Cairo, and Jabari have become accustomed to over the last 15 years.

A small breath escaped from Divine's mouth while he held up his handmade bow and arrow steady at a stray cow that was a short distance away from him.

Cairo and Jabari had taught him how to craft together tons of things. From spears, to daggers.. down to the very bow and arrow he held in his hands right now. The two brothers became useful over the years, using what they've learned from books and life itself back in the future to help them survive during these ancient times.

It only took one sudden movement from Divine that caused him to create a noise from his hideout area in the bushes, to startle the cow. Divine quickly shot his bow at the animal, but missed due to it running off.

"Fuck." He smacked his lips and stood up from his crouched position.

Yup, the brothers taught him every cuss word too.

He sighed and walked out of the bushes to retrieve his bow. His eyes soon wandered above him, noticing a coconut tree which made him choose to replace his failed attempt at capturing the cow, with the savory fruit instead.

Divine knocked down a few, adding them into his sack that consisted of vegetables he had picked from some crops earlier, and began to make his way home.

Once he arrived back at the rainforest, he stopped in his tracks before anyone could see him. He remained in his spot for a few moments, glaring at Cairo who was currently preparing a fire with the help of some female companions.

Divine mentally questioned how and where Cairo managed to find all these women all the time. Not that Divine was complaining because he loved him some women also. But they always just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

Making his way over to the fire, one of the ladies' eyes trailed from Divine's face down to his shirtless torso consisting of well defined abs.

"Hi, Divine." She greeted seductively, flashing a smirk at him.

He removed his sack from his shoulder and placed it down by a log beside him, along with his bow and arrow. He eyed the beautiful woman who's slim figure sported a fur short skirt and a sleeveless top exposing her stomach.