black is king || eight

ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ꜱᴀʜᴀʀᴀ • 502 ʙᴄ

ᴏꜱʜᴜɴ

Her eyes fluttered open as she softly giggled at who she thought was Divine, playing with her ear. "Stopppp." She whined.

Oshun rubbed her eyes to fully wake herself up and was soon startled when she came face to face with a small monkey, who was holding out a mango for her.

"Aww, thank you." She smiled and sat up, taking the fruit and watching the monkey run out of the fort.

As she stood on her feet to stretch her body, Oshun glanced down realizing that she was still naked from the waist down. She blushed, remembering the erotic events that took place the night before. It was the first time she experienced anything sexual. She was glad they didn't actually engage in the real thing. As much as she would've liked to during that moment, she realized that it was something she wanted to experience when the time was right and when things started to make sense between her and Divine again. Because with the way his mouth was making her feel last night, she just knew the real thing was going to be something twice as good and worth waiting for.

Her ears perked up once she heard Horus and Divine having a conversation outside. It wasn't an argument, but more of a disagreement on why or why not Divine should come back to take Rakeem's place.

Oshun sighed and began searching for her clothes. Once they were on, she proceeded to make her way out of the fort but Divine was making his way in, causing them to bump into each other.

"Oh shit, my bad." Divine chuckled. "Good morning, beautiful." He snaked his arms around her tiny waist and placed a kiss on her forehead.

She gave him a tight lipped smile and pulled away. "We need to talk." She stepped back to allow him to enter the forth.

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he noticed her strange demeanour. "You mad about last night or somethin'? Man, I knew I shouldn't have done that."

"No, Divine." Oshun released a soft chuckle. "It's not that. Last night was amazing." She reassured him.

He shot her a side grin and nodded. "Aight. So what's wrong?"

Oshun stared at him, worriedly, and took a deep breath. "Please come home, Divine." She pleaded only to have him smack his lips in return.

"Nah, I ain't coming back. Ima tell you just like I told Horus, this is my home now. It's been my home for the last 15 years. I ain't goin' back anywhere I'm not wanted."

"Are you serious right now?!" Oshun raised her voice. "I want you there, we all want you there! Look, you have a duty to fulfill. You are supposed to be the king, not Rakeem. Why are you acting like this? What are you so afraid of?"

"I can't do what my father did, aight?!" Divine admitted, raising his voice out of frustration. "I left that place on some scared bullshit. What type of king is that, huh? I ain't built to be like my father, I'm not strong like him."

"Yes, you are." Horus entered the fort. "Divine, the only person who isn't built to be a king is your bum ass uncle." It was evident that the one night Horus spent with Cairo and Jabari caused him to pick up on their vocabulary in such a short time.