yes devanté pt. 3 | devanté swing

Brooklyn, New YorkUptown RecordsDecember 31, 199410:30pm

Brooklyn, New York
Uptown Records
December 31, 1994
10:30pm

Harmony hit the stop button on the soundboard and pressed the button to talk to Donald through the glass. "How'd I sound?" He asked her.

"Like you ready to fuck somebody's daughter." She laughed and released her finger off the button.

Donald playfully waved her off and set the headphones down before walking out the booth.

"Aight, so just get in there now and I'll tell you when to start." He instructed and sat down beside her.

Harmony nodded and grabbed the book with her lines. She entered the booth and placed the book on the stand in front of her and placed the headphones over her ears.

"Just relax and really try to feel it. Add sultry to ya voice and shit. Sound sexy." Donald spoke through the glass.

She gulped down her saliva and nodded. "Okay." She simply replied.

Donald started the music and cued Harmony to begin reciting her lines. "I-I'd like- to.."

Donald cut the music and pressed down to speak to her. "You gotta relax Harmony. Take a deep breath and try it again."

The music started again and Harmony did what Don said and took a deep breath before saying her words.
"I'dliketohearthissongfreeknyoubyjodeci.."

Donald's eyes widened as he listened to the lines run off her tongue like water in such a bland tone.

"Chile..." He mumbled under his breath and stopped the music. "Yo, do you still smoke weed? 'Cause if that's what we need to get through this then-"

Harmony groaned and snatched the headphones off her head. "Don I can't do this!"

"Yes you can baby. Just think about the last time you had sex. Close ya eyes and think about the way he touched you while you say the lines."

Harmony made up her face as she thought about her last sexual encounter.