black is king || six

ᴇɢʏᴘᴛ • 502 ʙᴄ

ᴇɢʏᴘᴛ • 502 ʙᴄ

| ᴏꜱʜᴜɴ • 23 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴏʟᴅ |

She walked through the market place with sorrow in her eyes. Every time Oshun left her home, it was always a constant reminder of how terrible the kingdom of Egypt had become ever since that day.

The day her only friend died.

Well, that was what Rakeem told everyone. Oshun along with everyone else in the kingdom were informed that both King Aziz and Prince Divine had been eaten alive by evil man eating crows.

It still hurt Oshun to this day that she wasn't there to help her friend. She always loved how Divine was so adventurous, but hated it at the same time because he was way too curious. If only she could turn back time and change everything, she would.

She would do it in a heartbeat. Not only because she missed him, but because he was supposed to be king. He was supposed to be here making Egypt a better place to live in. The kingdom had become so dark and eerie. Years went by with nothing but insane orders made by the new king - Rakeem.

Evil creatures and people who were once banished to the Badlands were now living freely and happily amongst the rest Egypt, thanks to the king. It was bad enough that mixing the two was a terrible idea, but Rakeem did not seem to care one bit about who got injured or lost their lives. As long as he continued to have power and hold the position of being king, everyone else was the least of his worries.

Oshun continued through the market with her eyes examining each stand. She sighed, noticing that some of the workers were still struggling to sell the little bit of decent crops and vegetables they had. The residents from the Badlands always destroyed whatever the farmers had planted, making it hard for the marketplace workers to sell anything, and for others to get a good meal in.

Once she made it out of the market, Oshun walked up the trail that led to the royal palace. Both her and her mother were still welcomed there due to her mother's long lasting friendship with Queen Sarabi.

The guards spotted Oshun and stepped aside to give her way into the palace. As soon as she stepped in, loud laughter could be heard and the strong scent of beer hit her nose.

She ignored Rakeem and his vampire minions who were in the lounging area speaking loudly amongst one another about god knows what, and proceeded through the palace to look for her mother and Sarabi.

"Oshun! Is that you?" Rakeem shouted.

Oshun stopped in her tracks and rolled her eyes. By now, all the roaring and loud chatter had come to a halt, with everyone's attention now on the petite woman.