black is king || nine

ᴇɢʏᴘᴛ • 502 ʙᴄ

ᴇɢʏᴘᴛ • 502 ʙᴄ

ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ

Cairo and Jabari, well more so Cairo, were still stunned at the entire story Divine just told them. For 15 years he was able to hide the fact that he was royalty. The brothers always knew there something he wasn't telling them from the day they met, but decided to never force anything out of him. They knew something was being hidden, they just didn't think it was this.

Cairo awkwardly glanced at Divine, who kept his focus straight ahead as they rode their horses down to the kingdom. "So you really a prince?" Cairo asked again, for the 5th time.

"Man... C, if you don't stop askin' me that shit ima jump off this horse and slap you." Divine spat at him.

"Hey, I'm just sayin'. It's hard to believe. A nigga like me should be a prince, I'll tell you that much! I got the looks for it, ya feel me?"

Both Jabari and Divine ignored him as they continued their journey. They'd been on their way back for a few hours now, leaving them extremely exhausted but also anxious to get down to business, which was taking out Rakeem.

They noticed the sky getting cloudy, indicating that it would start raining very soon. It was still very late but they were only a couple of hours away from sunrise.

Finally, Divine's drowsiness was soon replaced with anticipation once the city came into full sight. It definitely was not how he remembered it. He hadn't even completely stepped foot in the kingdom but could already feel that bad vibe that was lurking within the air.

"Who the hell is that?" Jabari pointed out two figures that were approaching them. "Why are people just wandering out here so late at night? This place is creepy forreal."

"Ion know, but I ain't playin' with mothafuckas." Cairo jumped off his horse and held up his fists. "We came here to fight, right? I'm ready for all of 'em!"

"I don't think you want another ass whooping from me, Cairo." The figure revealed himself to be Horus with Oshun by his side.

Cairo kissed his teeth, dropping his arms back down to his side. "You ain't whooped nobody's ass. Who the fuck lied to you?"

Horus snickered and waved him off before making his way over to Divine, who instantly hopped off his horse. "How y'all know we was coming?" Divine asked.

"Femi." Horus and Oshun replied simultaneously.

Divine nodded and sighed. "Look, I just wanna apologize for making shit so hard before-"