🖤forty two🖤

harry's eyes flash open widely, releasing a loud gasp as he wakes up. with wide eyes, he takes in his surroundings, frowning at how unfamiliar it seemed to him at first. it took a couple moments for him to remember that he hadn't gone home last night, but instead he'd stayed over with zayn at his house. the brunette relaxes, sighing in relief.

looking over to the other side of the bed, he notices that it's empty where the other man should be, and frowns wondering where zayn went. did he have work this morning? he didn't say anything about having to work today. harry runs his fingers through his hair, his legs slipping out from under the duvet and letting his feet touch the floor.

yawning, he rubs his hands over his face, sighing heavily. that dream from last night freaked him out, but thankfully it was just that—a dream. harry doesn't know why he's been having those weird dreams lately. they feel so real to him and it's been weighing on his mind, but he doesn't know if he should take it so seriously. after all, they are just all in his head.

he really shouldn't worry about it. he's awake now and everything is okay. there's nothing to overthink about it.

"good morning." harry nearly jumps out of his skin at the voice, quickly looking up to see zayn standing near the doorway. the younger man releases a shaky breath. zayn raises a brow. "are you feeling okay?"

"yeah, yeah sorry, you just startled me." harry admits. plus, he was still feeling a bit jittery from that creepy dream he had last night. the brunette shakes his head before letting a small smile break out onto his face. "anyways, good morning. what time is it?"

"it's almost nine. i cooked breakfast, if you're hungry." the older man tells him as he walks closer to the bed. harry smiles up at him, gingerly.

"oh really? you didn't have to." harry replies. zayn shakes his head.

"it's no problem, i wanted to," he says, holding his hand out for harry. the younger man can only smile, cheeks pinking. he places his hand in zayn's letting the man pull him up from the bed gently. the brunette is surprised when the older man snakes his arms around his waist and pulls him closer so their bodies are touching. harry gasps quietly, meeting his eyes. zayn smiles, eyes flicking down to harry's lips quickly then back to his eyes silently asking for permission.

harry flushes bashfully, slowly nodding. the older man moves closer until there is little to no space between their lips, lightly brushing them together before planting a feathery kiss against his lips. harry exhales weakly, his blush darkening. a deep chuckle escapes zayn's mouth, leaning in to press another kiss to his lips—with more added pressure than before.

harry croons against his lips, eyes falling shut as they kiss softly. though it only lasts a couple seconds, it has harry's heart thrumming against his chest with exultation. when they pull apart harry's face is red, but there's a small content smile present and zayn just grins adoringly at the man. his embrace tightens just slightly as he leans forward to peck his temple briefly.

"just a good morning kiss to start your day off with." the dark haired man states. harry giggles softly, letting his hand come to rest on the man's chest.

"i definitely didn't mind it." harry comments. zayn laughs lightly, squeezing the younger man's hips gently. he kisses him again, just briefly.

"there'll be more of those, but for now, do you wanna eat?" zayn asks. harry nods, smiling at him gratefully. the older man let's his arms fall from around his waist proceeding to grab hold of his hand and interlock their fingers. then he leads him out of the room, through his enormous home until they reach the kitchen where harry can smell good food awaiting them.