🖤forty one🖤

they went on a nice little movie date next, which went exceptionally well. they had went to see an action movie that zayn had suggested and it turned out to be pretty entertaining. however, the two of them got a bit carried away a few times, sharing kisses here and there through out the movie. zayn had his arm rested around harry's shoulders, and harry's head on his. they kept close to one another through out the time they were in the theater.

the younger male enjoyed himself the entire night, even though most of it was spent kissing and barely paying any mind whatsoever to anything happening on the screen—harry was definitely pleased with how things went. although, disappointed when the movie ended, it didn't last long because zayn of course suggested for them to go grab a quick late night bite to eat before they headed home.

they accompanied a little twenty four hour diner (which is harry's opinion had some very memorable smoothies and burgers). they talked, mostly flirted the whole time they were there—said flirting included some of zayn's infamous cheesy pick up lines that always managed to get an eye roll or giggle out of the curly haired man. harry sometimes wondered how many of those lines he had up his sleeve and how he hadn't run out yet.

even so, he couldn't deny that it was a part of zayn that he adored. maybe it was that sexy award winning smirk zayn put on every time he said anything, as if his pick up lines were the best things ever invented. the man just radiated nothing but confidence and he wasn't ever afraid to say what was on his mind. harry liked that a lot. not to mention zayn was without a doubt the hottest man he's ever laid eyes on and harry couldn't help but be attracted to him.

at the beginning, harry wasn't sure this would go anywhere, but now a couple months later, here he was, sitting in a diner across from zayn and he felt like there was no other place he'd rather be. they stayed there for some time, talking, even after finishing their meals. but, soon after they eventually left and climbed back into zayn's car.

the sky is dark and littered with stars, the moon is crescent shaped tonight—glooming over the city. there's soft music playing in the background of zayn's car as he drives down the mostly empty roads towards harry's home. or, that's where they intended to go at first anyway, until zayn suddenly pipes up with a suggestion.

"did you enjoy your time tonight?" the dark haired male asks, briefly glancing at harry, before facing the road again. harry looks over at him with a tiny smile.

"course, i've enjoy everyday with you, the last couple weeks." harry admits. he can spot the corner of zayn's lips twitch as he keeps his eyes straight.

"i'm happy to hear that," zayn replies, smiling softly. harry grins lightly.

"you're not so bad to be around, even with your stupid pick up lines." harry says. zayn chuckles softly.

"as long as you handle it, i'll keep throwing them at you." he replies. harry snickers softly.

"i expected that." it gets quiet again for a brief moment, until zayn stops at a red light and his eyebrows are furrowed like he's thinking hard about something. harry tilts his head, wondering what it was that was.

"harry," zayn starts. harry hums softly.

"yeah?" zayn looks over at him.

"would you like to come to my place?" zayn asks. harry is taken aback by the question, not having expected him to invite him over. the two have never been in one another's homes, so it was definitely a first. could that mean—harry's cheeks flare up.