🖤thirty nine🖤

two weeks later

it's been a couple weeks, and so far harry and zayn have been talking non-stop. they went out on their third date last week, which zayn had set up this cute little picnic in the park. they had sat by the lake next to the sparkling water, and ate some delicious gourmet snacks and sipped on some wine while they talked. they had even fed a few of the ducks that were swimming around in the nearby lake, and took a long walk down the trail. they stayed there until the night sky fell and watched as the stars appeared in the sky beautifully.

harry has to admit it was very romantic, he loved everything about it. zayn is such a charmer, he had harry's face red the entire time. he knew just what to say, but it wasn't just his words that had harry's stomach fluttering. it was his perfect million dollar smile, his deep but gentle voice that was like music to harry's ears every time he made a sound, as well as his otherworldly looks. the man was undoubtedly attractive, he has the looks and the personality that a lot of people wish for in a companion. he was almost unreal.

he was almost too perfect.

harry has grown to like his company a little more than he should, but he wasn't ashamed. it has been a while since he's talked to anyone and connected on a level with anyone who could be considered more than a friend. he's had a few chances to pursue a relationship with someone, unfortunately he never got to see where those possible relationships could lead due to certain circumstances. really, so long as zayn didn't die unexpectedly in the mere future, harry was definitely willing to see where this thing he has with the man could go

he was willing to give love a try again.

currently, the pair were out together on a friday afternoon. they weren't doing anything special, but harry had offered for zayn to accompany him to the mall to do some shopping. all he really needed were some new shoes, but it was inevitable that he would end up buying more than what he came here for. especially since he's been saving up extraordinarily from his part time job at the pet shop. so he had plenty of money he wanted to splurge on. in addition to that, the longer they were here, the more time spent together, it's a win-win.

harry has been in a few stores, buying a few accessories that managed to catch his eye. he was basically buying anything but what he initially came here for. zayn watched him the whole time with a small fond smile as he was practically dragged around the mall into various stores, sometimes he didn't even purchase anything, only looking around before leaving. the older man didn't mind though, he was pleased to be at his side.

"okay, i should probably buy some shoes now before i exceed my budget." harry says as they walked out of yet another store and another bag added onto harry's arm. zayn was carrying some of them like the gentleman he strived to be with the younger male.

"or you could let me spoil you a little bit." zayn replies, looking down at harry smirking slightly.

"although, i know you're highly capable of doing that, i can't let you spend your hard earned money on little ole' me." harry says. zayn chuckles.

"but what if i want to spend my hard earned money on you?" he raises an eyebrow. harry smiles softly, giving him a look.

"you trying to be a sugar daddy to me or something?" zayn's smirk widens.

"if that's what you want baby, then i'd spoil you rotten." harry blushes heavily and nudges zayn away slightly, who in turn laughs softly at his reaction.