3

"I looked everywhere in the car, it's not in there. Do you remember the last place you had it?" Max ask

"I'm not sure....maybe in the office supply store. I had the list of school supplies for the girls pulled up."

Feeling foolish but unable to hold the tears back anymore, they begin to stream down my face.

Max looks up "Joy it's ok, we are going to find it".

I wipe my face and look up towards the ceiling like that can prevent the tears from sliding out. "I'm sorry, I know it's just a phone but there is so many videos and pictures of my mom on there...." I take a deep breath and close my eyes to calm myself. When your upset talking always makes more tears come.

Two arms wrap around me and and I snuggle into a hard chest. Max rest his chin on top of my head and hugs me without any words for a minute.

I pull back and look up, " I'm sorry for crying I.."

Max cuts in "don't apologize I would be upset too. I'm gonna call the the office store and the mall to see if anyone turned in a phone."  He kisses the top of my head before picking up his phone and calling.

After calling the office store with no success, Max's phone rings.

"It's your dad" he says before answering.
"Hey Jacob... ya she's right here.... awesome!"

He pulls the phone away from his mouth and looks at me, "someone found your phone, they called emergency contact on your phone getting your dad".

I'm so relieved I feel like I can finally breathe again.

Overhearing Max still talking to dad " sure, no problem I can stay. Here..."
He hands the phone to me, "hey dad".
"Hi sweetie" I have some bad news and some good news." He pause but doesn't hold me in suspense long.
"I'm gonna be later than I thought tonight, probably won't get home til closer to 11." 

I'm sad but I understand why he has to work so late.
"I understand, are you ok? You sound tired."

"I'm ok it's just been a long day.  Good news is I will be taking tomorrow off and we can spend the day together. A little early birthday fun. "I know he can't see but the biggest smile spreads across my face.

" Yay!!!!" I squeal like I'm 5 and not about to be 15.

Dads laugh carries through the phone, " Thanks for understanding and taking care of your sisters. Did you get everything you need for school today?"

"Yep we got it all, it was fun but exhausting. We got ice cream after too."

"That's good sweetie, the man that found your phone said he would be close by later and will bring it by the house. Since I'm not sure what time he is coming, Max and Kate are going to stay tonight just to be safe. I already talked to Max about it and Jake said he was ok with it since he will be working late as well."

We talked for a few more minutes about the day and dad told us to just order pizza for dinner. After ending the call I walked to the living room to find everyone around the coffee table playing Uno.

"Good news times 3" I announce, earning the attention of everyone.

" Someone found my phone and is returning it later tonight......we are ordering pizza for dinner and......SLEEPOVER!!!!"
That gets the excitement I thought it would everyone starts talking so fast "let's do nails..... movie night..... more games....... let's stay up late...... cheese pizza please!!!!!!"

Laying on the couch I feel so much better like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Excited planning happens for a few more minutes before they continue with their game.

"That's not fair! How do you have so many draw fours?" I hear Faith question Kate and try my best not to laugh, Faith is extremely competitive and a very sore loser. Playing games with her usually ends in an argument.

To tired to fight it anymore I fall asleep on the couch hearing them bicker.