9

Joys POV

"Today's your birthday?" Dave ask his voice sounds murderous. I nod but when I look at him his glare is directed at David.

"Excuse me" David says before he grabs his key and slams the front door.

The silence is awkward and I'm so thankful when Paul breaks it "Well Your still the baby, Happy Birthday".

"So do you want something to eat?" Sean ask. I shake my head but before I can answer Dave does.
"We stopped an hour ago to eat."

Sean continues and I'm thankful that he is so we're not all just starting at one another "Its a hot out today, do you want to swim or watch some tv?"

"I didn't bring a swim suit but I would love to dip my feet in".

Sean turns opening the back door and Paul and Kent head out first. Dave stops me before I follow them out "I have a few things to catch up on. Let Sean know if you need anything....and Happy Birthday Joy". He nods to Sean, then turning to me he smiles and pats my shoulder before leaving.

"After you" Sean's guides me ahead of him. I slip off my shoes and sit on the pools edge. I dip my feet in and it feels amazing, I wish I had thought to pack a bathing suit. But it's nice to have my feet in and observe my brothers.

As soon as I sit down Paul shoves Kent in the pool, not minding when Kent springs out of the water threatening to drown him. Paul ignores him yelling cannon ball before splashing us all.

I laugh a little watching them, they remind me of Max and Kate. Thinking of my friends makes my chest hurt so I try to focus on the antics of the boys in front of me.

Kent is currently dunking Paul under water for longer than I think safe. Maybe his threat to drown him was more of a promise.

I feel Sean sit down beside me "Best to let them work it out, their like this all the time. Real life example of ying and yang, light and dark colliding" he laughs. "Kent's all tough and brooding, usually only opens his mouth to complain or be sarcastic. But don't worry he's harmless really, just don't let it upset you if he's more distant." We're both watching the boys, thankfully Kent let Paul come up for air. Kent gets comfortable on his raft just to be flipped by Paul. His pestering ways cause me to laugh but I cover it quickly when Kent looks our way.

Sean continues "as you can see Paul is all energy, constantly talking and pulling pranks. When he was younger he had so much energy mom would make us take turn racing him outside before dinner just so he could sit still at the table."

We sit in silence for awhile just soaking in the sun "So who's Joy, tell me about yourself".
Shrugging my shoulder I draw a blank on what to say. "um I'm not sure what to say". I draw a blank on anything interesting about myself.

"I'll go first: favorite color is green and my favorite food is Italian. My girlfriends names is Alexis, she's excited to meet you, but is out of town visiting family for a few more days. Let's see, what else, oh...clearly I am the smartest of my brothers". He raise his voice on the last part, gaining the attention of his brother. Sending a cheeky grin my way before continuing " I graduated last year, my degree is in computer design and I have the best boss!

Deadpan Kent states "He works for himself. He's the most arrogant brother, not the smartest."

Sean ignores him "Your turn".