11

Joys POV

Yesterday was fun. After we left the chuck-e-cheese we went to the mall. I learned that Paul seriously had a addiction with shoes and Sean had to cut him off after buying two pairs. I bought 2 swim suits and a cover up. Sean insisted he buy me something as a belated birthday gift, so he bought me a a pink donut float for the pool and a cute coffee mug that says  "Choose Joy".

Sean and Paul teased each other and bickered causing my side to hurt from laughing. It was a great day and I was happy to spend the day with them.

When we got home it was late and I went to my room to FaceTime my sisters to read them a story before bed. After the girls were asleep I texted Kate for awhile about the day, sending pictures of my new swim suits and the mug Sean bought me. By the time I laid down, sleep came quickly.

Due to years of routine I rolled over and looked at the clock that read 5:45. I stretched and grabbed my new mug before going downstairs to start some coffee. The morning time is when I missed home the most, a few tears escaped before I quickly wiped them away. My phone buzzed on the counter displaying 'dad'.

I swiped and picked the phone up seeing his ear "nice ear dad" I laughed because he was new to FaceTiming. He often gave views of his ears or up his nose. He looked at the phone "Sorry, good morning. How is my not so little, little girl......"

"Ok. Just missing you, the girls, home"

"We miss you too." I poured coffee into my new mug and than headed outback.
We talked about the girls and the new sitter he hired. I showed him my mug Sean had bought me and told him about the day Sean and Paul treated me to. We laughed and talked a while longer til he had to leave for work.

The sun was just starting to rise making it really beautiful outside. The weather was perfect and it was so quiet with the distant sound of crickets. I sat in a lounge chair facing the sunrise just relaxing and taking in the view.

Startled from a quiet sleep by a very deep and loud, "Found her".

Without realizing I must have fallen back asleep outside. Opening my eyes a very angry Kent was standing over me. He looked like he just woke up, with his hair in all different directions and his disheveled clothes. "Seriously...we've been looking for you for 30 minutes. Why are you out here so early?" He ran his hand thru his hair as David and the rest of my brothers came running out.

The 5 tall towers standing around me were very intimidating, I hadn't done anything wrong but they were all looked so upset.

"I'm sorry, I came out here to talk to my dad and must have fallen back asleep."

Sean was the first to respond, "It's ok we were just worried when you weren't in your room. We realized none of us have your number to call you. Next time just let one of us know." He gave me a small, encouraging smile and I nodded in response.

Just when I thought everything was ok David raised his voice at me. "I'm late to work now, next time be considerate".  I was completely taken aback, his voice was rude and loud casing tear to burn in my eyes.
I hadn't scared them on purpose and I didn't know what else to say so I mumbled another "sorry".

David wasn't done though, he continued as if he didn't hear me. "I don't want you going anywhere without telling one of us. It's not safe to be outside in the dark alone." Looking up at David I was hurt and surprised with his harsh tone but nodded looking away.

"I am going to call Jacob about decent phone hours, he shouldn't be calling this early".

"I always get up early with him to talk before he goes to work" I said timidly still not making eye contact.