12

Joy's POV

After a late night I rolled out of bed a little later, not too worried because it was Saturday and Dad would still be at home. Not bothering to change from my jammies yet I made my way downstairs. I grunted a 'hello' as I passed Sean heading straight for the coffee pot. I poured a cup and took a sip, feeling more awake and happy with each drop.

"I'm starting to think your coffee addiction is a real problem" Sean said refilling his own cup and smiling. "My precious" I teased holding my cup tightly, causing him to laugh.

Out of nowhere Paul walked into the kitchen like a zombie handing me his phone silently and then turning away before collapsing on the couch. I heard a distant voice from the phone. Looking at the number on the screen I realized it belonged to my dad. "Hello, dad, Is everything ok?"

"Hey sweetie, we're good I was actually worried about you. I called yesterday but you didn't answer and this morning your phone went straight to voicemail. The girls told me you called the house phone last night so I looked at the caller ID."

"I'm sorry I worried you dad, this is Paul's phone. He let me use it last night to call the girls."

"Did you lose your phone, remember I have insurance on it if so."

"No..." I was hesitant to tell him even though I was up set with David. I didn't want to be the cause of more drama. ".... uh David has it."

Dad was quiet for a moment waiting for me to explain but growing impatient. "Why does David have your phone". His voice held a suspicious tone, that left no room for evading the truth.

He couldn't see me but I closed my eyes as if to hide, I felt like a tattletale. "Something about not following the rules. But the guys thinks I should have it back soon, until then you can call this number". I said nonchalantly, not wanting to cause more drama.

"He took your phone, what rule did you possibly break" dad asked in disbelief.

I explained the events of yesterday morning to dad, to say he was angry was an understatement. He mentioned he had another lawyer meeting with the lawyer this Wednesday. We said our bye's and hung up.

During my call with dad Sean never left the kitchen. He sat typing away on his computer. When I ended the call he closed his computer.

"Today's gonna be a hot one, it is already 83 degrees out. Pool day?"

Thankful for his distraction, "Sounds great".

"Good, I already blew up your float, go get ready".

Running up to my room I grabbed one of my new swim suits.

It was a modest tikini, the bottoms had blue and white stripes with a high waist that ended above my belly button. The top was a mustard yellow with blue and white flowers. The straps had little ruffles on my shoulders, the top was fitted except for the bottom that flared out. Though modest it was very girly and cute, I loved it! Before leaving my room I grabbed my comfy cover up throwing it on.

Hoping Paul didn't mind I sent a quick text to Kent and Kate.

Me: hey guys I don't have my phone right now but if you need me you can call this number. I didn't want you to worry :)

010-400-030303(Kate): OMG, your dad just told us why you haven't been answering, seriously messed up! Are you ok?

Me: everything's ok, I will try to call tonight! Miss you