Chapter One

"I'm sorry to inform you, but you can't have children"

That news bothered Elliot to no end, the idea of having everything from looks to hundreds of billions of dollars, yet the inability to have a child of his blood devasted him.

And for hearing such horrible news, Elliot destroyed the person who told him this news.

He bought the hospital, and fired the man, making sure he won't work at other hospitals.

Right now, he is at an orphanage, trying to pick a child to adopt.

But, so far, no children are matching his description of the perfect child who is lucky enough to be his son or daughter.

"Have you made your choice, sir?" Elliot turns his attention to his personal assistant, Leonardo Hunter.

"All those children look ugly, no wonder why they haven't gotten adopted yet, ugh"

A disgusted look appears on the thirty-year-old man as those words escape his mouth, not caring if he has hurt the delicate feelings of those orphans.

"This is the last orphanage in the country, so you might have to reconsider," Leonardo points out nervously.

"Reconsider what? Adopting an ugly boring child?" 

The orphanage owner wanted to say anything, but she couldn't know that if she did so, the blond man is going to ruin her career and life.

People might think that Elliot was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, but the truth he was dirt poor, and all those billions were made with hardship.

Even if he felt pain since his childhood, that doesn't mean he is going to be merciful towards anyone.

Just like how he stepped on, he enjoys the feeling of stepping on others without any remorse.

Without saying another word, Elliot walks out of the orphanage with Leonardo trailing behind like a lost puppy.

                                       ------------------

"What is today's schedule, Leo?" Elliot asks, not removing his eyes from his expensive tablet.

"We have three meetings today, one wi-" Leo gets cut off.

"Cancel them off, I'm not in the mood to deal with anyone today, I will finish signing up the last few contracts then I will return home" 

"But, the investors might get angry"

"And? they need me, not the other way around" Elliot claims calmly.

It is true, everyone knows that his companies are one of the biggest investing magnets in the country, no in the world.

Elliot bites his lips while viewing the private massages on his Instagram, even though he rarely does that, but right now he is bored, so why not?

Most of them are flirtatious, some from celebrities, others from average people.

But there is one single message that didn't make him cringe in disgust.

You look like my favorite anime character

It wasn't the message that attracted his attention, but the girl who sent it to him

(Y/n)otakuchan 

Her profile picture is interesting to the point it made him chuckle, the (h/c) haired girl is cosplaying as a character from an anime show.

Leo is surprised to hear his boss look genuinely happy as the handsome man shows only three emotions, disinterest, disgust, and sternness.

"Leo

"Yes, sir?"

"I want to adopt that girl" 

Leo's eyes widen as Elliot shows him the Instagram account.

"But, she already has parents, you cannot adopt her, sir" The CEO's eyes narrow slightly.

"I will adopt this child...no I'm going to buy the girl, so you better find where this girl lives, Leo"

                                            ----------

One week later 

"Excuse me, what?!!" 

"You heard us, from today on, you are not our daughter"

Hearing your mother say those words shattered your heart, causing you to feel betrayed. 

"Why?" Your voice cracks, as you utter out this question, trying to hold in your tears.

"We gave you up for adoption" your father's response shocked you.

"I don't understand"

"What your father is trying to say, is that you are going to have a much better life as an adoptive daughter of a billionaire." (M/n) explains, causing (F/n) to agree with her.

Before you could say anything, the doorbell rings.

"This must be him" 

You watch as your father walks out of the living room, before returning back with two men a few minutes later.

Your mouth almost drops when you realize that one of the two men is the richest man in the country, Elliot Diedrich.

"Can someone explain what is exactly going on here?" Elliot smiles at you, stepping towards you slowly.

"I have paid your parents ten million dollars to adopt you" He admits bluntly.

"Mr.Diedrich you promised not to tell (Y/n) that!" Your mother exclaims.

"Why shouldn't I my daughter that her biological parents sold her for money, I think she has the right to know"

Finally, the tears fall down your face, feeling heartbroken.

"There is no need to cry, sweetheart" Elliot grabs your face with his two hands, wiping your tears with his thumbs.

"You think of that as a blessing, as from today on, I will be all you need"

For some reason, when process what just happened right now.

You realize that the nice and cheery Elliot Diedrich in interviews is a completely different person in reality.

And you have a feeling that this 'blessing' he spoke about is not really what it appears to be.