Chapter Thirty

"Your father is a possessive control freak and you are ok with that?"

You sigh and roll your eyes as you speak with Xavier while sleeping under the sheets.

It's the middle of the night, and your father is asleep by now, so why not speak a little with Xavier.

"You know, can we just ignore speaking about my dad for now? And speak about something else?" you ask, trying to change the subject.

"You seriously need a therapist, (Y/n)"

With that Xavier ends the call, causing you to scoff.

"Rude"

You hate to admit this but his words hurt you deeply, feeling slightly skittish about your mental stability.

Suddenly you hear shooting outside, and glass shattering, which made you freeze.

'Oh no, someone is attacking the mansion!'

While freaking out, and not knowing what to do about the whole situation.

"Dad...what is going to happen to Dad? I will call 911 first"

You pick up your phone and start dialing the emergency number.

"911, what is your emergency?"

Suddenly, you realize something.

You don't even know your house address, which means it will take a while until the police track your house down.

"ELLIOT, COME OUT AND FACE ME!"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

"Put this gun away, Edgar" the CEO orders, glaring at the father of his ex-girlfriend.

"I'm ending all of your schemes right now, you have to die for your crimes" the blond chuckles.

"You do realize that I'm the father of your granddaughter?" Edgar sneers.

"I'm doing her a favor by killing you," Edgar says, shooting the first bullet in which Elliot dodges.

"The police are on their way," your father says.

They both don't notice you until you make your presence knowledge.

"You don't have to do this" Edgar turns his gaze towards you.

"He killed your own mother, he is a danger to everyone around him including you!" you shook your head at him.

"You can take this to the court, no one has to die" your grandfather narrows his eyes at you.

"You knew that he killed your mother...you support him, don't you!" your eyes widen.

"She doesn't know anything" Elliot lies, standing in front of you.

Before Edgar could say anything, a gunshot is heard, and he falls to the ground dead.

Ethel, your paternal grandfather, is the one who shot him.

"You should be thankful that I came or you would have been dead by now, son"

Instead of thanking him for saving his and your life, Elliot snaps at him.

"How did you know that we were in danger?!"

Indeed, you wonder how your grandfather even found out that Edgar came to kill your father.

"Your assistant, Leo, was a great help in installing cameras inside of your mansion"