Chapter Twenty-Four

Jude is dead

Nathan is dead

River is dead

Loren and his girlfriend are dead.

And many other students got injured or died before the arrival of the police.

Carlisle knew a secret way out from the academy without the shooter's knowledge and led you and Owen out into safety.

"I can't believe it, you are safe, oh thank god," Elliot says after pulling you into his warm embrace.

You forgot everything he has done and hugged him back with tears running down your face.

"Papa is so sorry for putting you in danger"

The CEO keeps mumbling to himself, not letting go of you as if fearing that you will disappear.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" He demands, looking for any injures.

"No, I'm fine...but..." You stutter out, trembling in fear.

"But Nathan, River, and Jude are gone, they were killed" you choke out.

Elliot sighs and pats your hair gently, starting to feel something stir inside of him.

The feeling of guilt towards you.

"They are in a better place now" he says softly.

'Hopefully, burning in the depth of hell, those brats'

A police officer walks up to the two of you.

"I'm officer, Jason. And I'm sorry for what you have been through" you look at the policeman.

Jason is tall, with dark hair and green eyes, he also looks to be in his early thirties and kind.

"I wish to ask you a few questions if you don't mind, Ms. Diedrich"

Elliot narrows his eyes and places his hands on your shoulders.

"You can ask me anything, my daughter is not in a good mood for questioning"

Elliot and Henry stare at each other for a moment, before Jason breaks the tension with a slight smile.

"I completely understand the whole situation, but I need her to identify the shooter, if she has ever seen them at the academy, Elli"

Your father's grasp on your shoulders suddenly tightens.

The two men knew each other.

"You can get the answer from the academy files, now if you will excuse us"

Before, Elliot could drag you away with him.

"We should catch up sometime later, I would love to hear about your lover's deaths, Ellie"

Your eyes widen slightly while Elliot stays calm, trying not to get annoyed at the nickname.

You know one thing for sure, is that the police officer is suspicious of your father.

"Certainly"

With that, you both leave the man behind.

"I know that you have a hand in this accident, wait until I get my hands on proof, Ellie"

-------

"Long time no seen, Ethel"

"What are you doing here at the hospital, Edgar?" the ash blond-haired man smiles.

"Your son stabbed you and left you to death, how sad," Edgar says mockingly.

"(M/n) is still in a coma, isn't she?" Ethel smirks slightly yet Ethel keeps his confidence

"I have come here to inform you of one thing, Ethel" Edgar leans down closer to the man.

"My daughter has woken up from her coma, and soon (Y/n)'s custody will be ours"