Chapter Twenty-Six

"So, why didn't you invite anyone?" your father asks, as the waitress places your birthday in front of you on the table.

"Because I blocked Owen" you reply bluntly.

Elliot tries not to smile at your words and keeps on an emotionless face.

"And why is that?"

"It turns out that he is heartless just like you, dad" Elliot frowns at your words, feeling offended.

"I'm not heartless! I just don't get sensitive over stupid stuff" you sigh in disbelief.

"It doesn't matter, I didn't even want to celebrate my birthday"

Your eyes then turn to the birthday cake, your eyes light up when you realize...

...that the birthday cake is themed like your favorite anime character.

The CEO smiles upon realizing that you like your birthday cake, finally, he was able to bring you out of your dull mood.

"That's so cool" you exclaim.

"Good, now let us eat it"

Before your father was able to bring the knife close to it, you slap his hand away.

"No, I don't want to ruin it"

Elliot chuckles at your childish attitude, but his smile quickly drops, when he sees a familiar woman walking towards your table.

"Happy Birthday" you frown when the strange (H/c) haired woman kisses you on your left cheek, placing her hands on your shoulders.

You turn around in your chair to get a better look at her.

"Umm...who are you?" you ask her, confused.

"Your mother didn't your dad tell you that I was going to attend your birthday"

Your once happy smile turns into a frown as a surprised expression covers your face.

"You are alive? I thought you were dead"

Indeed, you thought your mother was dead all along, well, because your grandfather, Ethel told you so.

"Unfortunately, she is alive"

(M/n) rolls her eyes, before taking a chair that belonged to a nearby table to sit on it.

"Hey, that chair was for my wife" the owner of the table spats, angry at your mother.

"Keyword was," the beautiful (H/c) haired woman points out.

"What are you doing here, (M/n)?" Elliot demands.

Anyone can tell that Elliot isn't happy with his ex-girlfriend's interference

"I'm here to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and also to tell you that we will be meeting in court soon" 

Your eyes widen while Elliot looks like he is ready to murder someone.

And that someone seems to be your mom.

"Oh, so your father brainwashed you into believing that you can take my daughter away from me?"

"No, I'm just taking back what's mine" (M/n) replies, looking down at her painted nails with boredom.

"I would suggest you get the fuck out before I have you killed for real"

The tense air made you feel uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Guys?" You ask, catching your parent's attention.

"I have a better idea" Elliot raises an eyebrow.

"What is it?" (M/n) asks.

"Why don't you two get married?" you suggest.

"Your mother is a bitch, I don't really want to spend my life with her "

(M/n) chuckles and smirks at your father.

"Oh, but I wasn't much of a bitch when I helped you kill your other ex-girlfriend"