Chapter Eleven

"You two are mad for hitting each other like that" you point out while treating your father's lip cut.

"Well, maybe if my dear father didn't kidnap you, then we wouldn't have to be in such a situation." Elliot spats while glaring at Ethel, who has some maid trait his wounds.

"I kidnapped her because you refused to see me, so it is your fault to start with, El"

Your father frowns at the nickname while you giggle causing Ethel to smile.

"Don't call me Elli, mom was the only one allowed to do so" the older man's smile drops at the mention of his ex-wife.

"Can we not bring up your mother? I don't want to hear anything about her"

"Why not?! Aren't you the reason for her death, we wouldn't have to be in such a situation if it weren't for you" your eyes grew.

"You killed her?" You demand in shock, turning towards your grandfather.

"What?! No, she committed suicide in the asylum" he glares at your father.

"It isn't my fault that your mother was a psycho, she killed my wife and daughter" you cross your arms over your chest.

"Yet that didn't give you any right to disown my Papa" you cut in before Elliot could speak.

Ethel raises an eyebrow at Elliot.

"Disowned him? Oh no, sweetheart, it is your father who changed his last name to his mother's last name" the golden-haired man growls for getting exposed.

You realize that you have been lied to by your father.

"The reason why you are rich is because of mom, she wrote the company, the mansion and deposited all her money in your bank account, and then you divorced her"

Elliot can't look like the bad guy here, especially not in front of you.

"What can I say, the law doesn't protect fools, Elli"

So, Ethel just admitted that he is a scammer.

"So...what you said about Elliot being your lucky charm is..." You trail off, yet Ethel continues for you.

"His mother gave me all her wealth after he was born, so yeah he is my good luck charm"

Elliot is ready to explode from anger, but before he does anything, you stand up suddenly.

"Let's just go, Papa" you try to drag him with you to leave, yet Ethel stops you both.

"I want you to know that I will always care for you, Elliot" the said man sneers.

"And I want you to know that if you were standing on the edge of a fucking cliff, then I will be the first to push you off of it"

You can't believe that you got adopted by a man who spurts childish remarks.

When he was about to leave, Elliot looks back at Ethel for the last time.

"And by the way, you got uglier"

-------

After you two returned home, Elliot took the whole day off to spend with you, he even offered to help you do your homework, to which you declined politely.

However, he doesn't take 'no' for an answer.

"Now, do you understand?" you stare blankly at him as if he was an alien.

"No" you reply, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Are you stupid, that's a very easy problem, how can you not understand it?"

You pout at him for calling you 'stupid'

"I'm not stupid, Papa" Elliot chuckles.

"If you can't get this problem, then you are stupid" he teases you.

"You know there is nothing to be ashamed of, you don't need to use intelligence, after all, I will always provide for you"

Elliot is enjoying this too much, but seeing the annoyed experission is something enjoyable for him.

It is fun to have a kid to tease for the world...well he is the only one allowed to tease you, of course.

"Well, my perants never called me stupid!"

Those words that came out of your mouth cause discomfort in the atmosphere.

Elliot clutches the mechanical pencil so tight between his index and thumb that it breaks.

"Hey! That was my favorite!" you whine.

"Don't mention them again" his sudden order confused you.

"Huh? Don't mention who?"

"Your perants...they sold you and you still think about them? And you even dare compare me to them? How pathetic and naive"

You stay silent, feeling your throat dry and your chest tightens.

The sudden cheerful mood turning into an intense one within a second is surely not a good sign.

Elliot wraps his hand around your cheeks bringing your face closer to yours.

"Nobody will care about you as much as me, so you better love only me, princess."

You gulp, and calm yourself down before answering him.

"Why do you care for me so much even though you have only known me for a short while?"

Yes, you wanted to ask that all along, how can Elliot care for you so much in such a short time, there is no way he is so overprotective of you for no reason.

"The reason why I adopted you-"

"Bought me" you correct him, nevertheless, he ignores you.

"As I was saying, the reason why I gave you the honor of becoming my daughter is simply that I feel like we met before"

'Met before? How? When?'

Before thoughts could engulf you completely, Elliot speaks again.

"I remember seven years ago, meeting a little girl that looks exactly like you..."

A/n: to be continued the day after tomorrow 😉