Chapter Eight

"So what if I and grandpa talked about your mental illness, at least now I know why you are so paranoid about keeping me away from other people!" you burst out, causing him to let go of you.

"Well, I don't have any mental illness, my dear dad just loves to believe that" you raise an eyebrow at the blond CEO.

"And why would he think that unless you gave him a reason for it" you argue back.

"My mother is the one who had obsessed love disorder" your gaze softens when you see his sad experission.

"She tried to get back with my dad by threatening him, she even murdered his wife and killed my younger half-sister"

You stay silent not knowing what to say and also feeling guilty for doubting him.

"My dad got angry at her to the point where he disowned me, cutting off the last connection he had with us" you feel tears start building up at the corners of your eyes.

"Is that why you hate him?" 

"Well, he is the reason why my mom stayed in an asylum, I depended on myself in everything until I achieved my dreams and became rich"

Once Elliot finishes, you wrap your arms around him,  hugging him tightly with tears falling down your face.

"I didn't know that, Papa" 

You don't see the smirk appearing on his face, as he hugs you back.

Elliot is glad that his manipulative skills are effective on you, enjoying the fact how you fall for his lies easily.

Well...it wasn't a complete lie, he just added sprinkles to the top to make himself look good and make his father look like the bad man.

"It is alright, and I shouldn't have gotten angry at you, sweetheart" his fake sad experission returns once you pull away from him.

"You know I have always misunderstood you, thinking you aren't good, but it turns out you are just heartbroken from your past, Papa"

Elliot wanted to laugh at your words, yet holds it in, not wanting to expose himself in front of you.

"I have decided to allow you to go to your friend's birthday party" your (e/c) eyes light up as he wipes away your tears.

"Thank you, Papa"

"And of course I will be coming with you" you nod at him.

"Wait...I still haven't brought Owen a birthday gift"

"Leave that matter to me"

------------

"You don't know how happy I'm that you are here, (Y/n)" you smile at Owen brightly.

Your father rolls his eyes at the interaction between you and Owen, already hating the boy.

"Here's your gift, brat" Elliot throws the small elegant-looking box at Owen who catches it quickly before it falls on the hard floor.

"Dad, don't be rude!"

"Thank you, sir" the dark-haired boy smiles nervously at your father.

"Is it just me or does he look disgusted?" Nathan whispers to River.

"How about you join us, and let the kids have fun" Owen's father, Ryan drags Elliot away from you causing you to let out a relieved sigh.

"I must admit, your adoptive dad is scary" River utters out.

"I agree, I felt like he wanted to kill us" Nathan add, while you sigh and look down at your feet in embarrassment.

"Don't worry guys, he is just overprotective" you explain shyly.

"Well, if I had a pretty daughter like yourself, I would keep her safe at all costs" you hit Owen's arm.

"Don't cross the friend zone" you warn him playfully.

"You didn't tell us you invited Jude and Carlisle, Owen" the letter frowns at his ginger-haired friend

"What are you talking about, Riv? I didn't invite-" you stop Owen from speaking by pointing in the direction of the familiar two boys speaking with Owen's mother.

"Oh...I kind of forget to say that my mother is the one who invited them, considering how Carlisle is our neighbor" you sigh, while Nathan rolls his eyes.

"Great so we are forced to bear his weight" River huffs out.

"Guys, let us not allow them to ruin our night, Ok?" The trio looks at you, before finally agreeing with you.

"You are right...do you want to see my room, (Y/n)?" You nod your head at him.

"Sure, why not"

"Taking it to the next level, are we, Owen?"

"Owen is going to show you his tricks, hopefully, you won't fall asleep from boredom" Owen's face turns tomato red while you feel the heat rise to your ears.

"Shut it you two, I just want to show (Y/n) what my room looks like, nothing more" 

-----------

"It must be hard to raise a thirteen-year-old girl all on your own, Elli" Elliot narrows his eyes at the woman who is clinging to his arm.

"Elli?" The redhead giggles.

"Yes, that's my nickname for you" the Billionaire shoves the drunk woman away from him.

"My name is Elliot, not Ellie, peasant"  the woman gasps when your father insults her.

"And it is easy to take care of a thirteen-year-old as long as I'm rich" Ryan chuckles.

"But, we both know that teenagers have their ups and downs, their attitudes say it all" Elliot moves an eyebrow up at Owen's father.

"My (Y/n) is one hundred perfect, I don't see anything wrong with her, Ryan" the dark-haired man raises his hands in the air.

"Calm down, I wasn't attacking your adoptive daughter, I'm just stating how normal teenagers love to disobey their perants, when I was their age, I never listened to my father..."

Instead of continuing to listen to Ryan, Elliot walks away without a care about anything in the world.

Isn't it enough that he came to this awful birthday party? He won't force himself to speak to others.

"Hey, don't you to hear the rest man?" 

Elliot just holds his middle finger up in response.

"He's so handsome" Ryan turns to his wife.

"Honey, he just called you a peasant"

"That counts for something, doesn't it?"

-------

"I think you give up, Mr.Elliot seems to be very insistent on not forgiving you, Sir" Heath utters out, seeing his boss's disappointed experission.

"I thought he would feel threatened by me telling (Y/n) about his illness, and he would call me or come to my office to warn me to stay away from her, yet nothing happened" Ethel confesses.

It was no lie, how much Ethel loves his son and wants him back into his life, yet he admits he has done big mistakes.

That Elliot doesn't know about half of them.

"I have got an idea, hopefully, that will make come crawling back to me" Heath's eyes widen.

"What is it?"

"We are going to kidnap my granddaughter"