Chapter Four

"Why did you transfer me from my old school? I had friends, you know" you whine, causing Elliot to raise an eyebrow at you from the mirror as views his sportswear.

"Name one friend you had at your old school?" 

You stay silent, not knowing how to answer such a question without lying.

"Exactly, you had no friends at this filthy poor school of yours yet attending a decent school will offer much better chances of education" you pout at his harsh words.

"When am I going to start attending this school? And what its name?" you ask, curious about much time is left for you before you start your first day.

"You are going to start attending Swift Academy the day after tomorrow, so you better start preparing yourself" your mouth drops in shock.

"Swift Academy...isn't that the same Academy you attended?" Elliot shrugs but grins slightly.

"Yes, I got there with a scholarship, and it seems like you have done some searching up about me, sweetheart" your face heats up in embarrassment. 

"I just wanted to know more about you...nothing else, Papa" you explain, placing your hands behind your back while biting your bottom lip.

"You look adorable right now" 

He looks away from the full-length mirror, a smirk gracing his handsome features.

"Thank you, and you also look...cute?" you cringe at yourself for saying that who calls their adoptive father cute, there is nothing cute about Elliot.

Well, handsome is the right word to describe him, but never cute.

"I haven't been cute ever since high school, and the last person who called me got buries six feet under by me" you almost choke on air.

"Huh?!" Elliot chuckles at you.

"Just kidding, you know, it is a dad joke" 

'Dad joke? How in the world is that a dad joke?' you think to yourself.

For some reason, you don't believe it to be a joke, you feel like he just confessed to murdering someone on purpose.

"Are you going for a run, don't you have a lot of work to do?" you ask.

"I don't work on Friday and Saturday unless it's urgent" you nod your head slowly.

"I hope you enjoy your run, Papa," you say, ready to leave to your room and spend time watching anime and reading manga for the rest of the day.

He grabs you by the back of your shirt and pulls you to him before you could take another step in the direction of the exit.

"How about you also go for a run? I'm sure it will be fun for the both of us"

-------

You tried to keep up with your father, but he is much faster and more used to taking long runs than you, so you stop every five minutes to catch your breath.

"I can't continue, please no more" you plead, before sitting on a nearby bench. 

Elliot frowns and stops in his tracks, his eyes narrow at you, displeased with your laziness.

"Stand up and continue lazy sloth" you shook your head stubbornly.

"I guess you have made your choice, sweetie" 

Elliot marches towards you, then does the most unexpected thing ever.

He picks you up bridal style, causing you to gasp and clutch into him in the fear of falling on the hard ground.

"Hey, let me down, I’m not a baby’’ you exclaim, as the people who pass by you, gives the two of you strange stares.

‘’Why? So, you can stay lazy, not going to happen’’ you roll your eyes at him and sigh, at least you don’t have to run any longer.

Elliot doesn’t have to admit it out loud, still, it makes him very happy to hold like that.

‘’Don’t you have a girlfriend to do those stuff with, or are you single as pringle?’’ Elliot chuckles.

‘’Romantic relationships aren’t really my thing, and neither are you getting into a relationship’’ you huff.

‘’You do realize that once I turn eighteen, I will move out, don’t you?’’

Suddenly the CEO stops running, and without any mercy lets go of you, making your bottom hit the hard ground.

‘’I won’t allow you to move out’’ you quickly stand up on your feet.

‘’You have no say in such a thing, I can do whatever I want when I become a legal adult’’ Elliot lowers his body slightly to have his eyes meet yours.

‘’Do you honestly think for one moment that I will allow you to leave, you are never leaving me, alright sweetheart?’’ his threatening tone made you flinch and look down at the ground.

‘’We will see when I turn eighteen-‘’ he cuts you off.

‘’When you turn eighteen, I’m one hundred percent sure, you would have changed your mind by that time, princess’’

-------

"What do you mean she got adopted?!" the grey-haired man sneers at his secretary.

"Well, when I went to meet up with the (L/n)s, they told me that they gave up (Y/n) to someone else, sir" Ethel clutches his teeth together, glaring at Heath angrily.

"Who adopted her, Heath?" 

Instead of answering, the said man walks over to his boss's desk and hands him the tablet with a shaky hand

The CEO OF DIEDRICH COMPANIES HAS OFFICIALLY ADOPTED A THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD GIRL.

Seeing the title of the front page with the following picture of the familiar blond haired businessman alongside you mad Ethel throw the tablet at Heath who dodges.

"How in the world did my granddaughter get adopted by her biological father, you have a lot of explaining to do, Heath?" The red-haired man chuckles nervously.

"I know that I have a lot of explaining to do, but first what should we do with the (L/n)s for breaking their contract with us?"

"What we always do with traitor" Heath nods.

"You will hear the news of their death by tomorrow morning, sir"

(A/n) What are your theories about the next chapters?

And, yes it seems like Elliot can have children after all🙃 Thanks for the support btw, guys! Your feedback encourages me to write more❤❤❤