Chapter Sixteen

You stare at the water warily as your father dive right into it without a problem.

"Aren't you coming in?" Elliot asks after he raises to the surface.

"I cannot swim" you reply nervously backing away from the water.

"Then come in, I will teach you" you shook your head quickly in disapproval.

"No, I don't want to drown!"

Elliot frowns at your frightened state, as he gets out of the water.

"It is ok if you don't have to learn if you don't want to, but tell me why are you afraid?"

He places a comforting hand on your shoulder, bringing you closer to him.

It is the first time you see Elliot concerned for you, it made you warm on the inside to see this side of him.

"At eight, I fall in the swimming pool and almost died, since then I stay away from any activity which includes swimming"

You finish explaining then looking into your father's blue eyes.

"Wow...your biological parents are shit heads for not watching over you"

You shrug your shoulders at his words.

"It doesn't really matter, I'm fine as long as I don't swim"  Elliot smirks at you.

"You know what is the best medicine for your phobia?"

You look at him confused for a moment before letting out a loud squeal as Elliot throws you over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?!" you exclaim, sounding like a frightened kitty.

Your father chuckles as he walks away from the water

"What do you think? We are going to have a tickle war"

Loud laughs escape your lips as he tickles your sides with a smile on his face.

-------

Elliot drys himself off with a towel after taking a cold bath to remove the sand away from his body.

The two of you are staying in a hugely expensive suite with separate beds, as he doesn't like the idea of staying away from you.

Elliot notices that you already have fallen asleep.

Your peaceful sleeping face is such a beautiful sight to look at.

Without further waiting, Elliot grabs his phone which is laying on the bed.

He opens the camera ready to take a picture of you to add it to his collections of photos.

However, his phone starts ringing.

"What is it that you want, Leo?"

"Sir there is a problem, you remember (Y/n)'s parents-" he cuts off his assistant.

"Ex-parents, Leo" Elliot corrects or more like snaps at the said man.

"Yes, well her ex-parents committed suicide" Leo exclaims.

"And? Why should I care about it, they were a deal, nothing more"

It is true, those people don't deserve an ounce of his attention, they were pests under his feet.

"Well, Ms.(Y/n) might get sad"

"No, she won't, now goodbye, Leo"

With that, Elliot ends the call only to see that you have woken up from your sleep.

"Is there something wrong?" you ask, yawning slightly.

"Oh nothing is wrong" Elliot lies

"But, it sounded serious?" your father sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Since you insist on knowing, your parents committed suicide"