Chapter Fourteen

"Where did you come from?" Carlisle frowns as he stares at your father who glares at him.

"I believe I don't own a brat like yourself any explanations" Elliot spats, attracting the attention of some customers at the cafe.

"I'm not a brat and don't you think it is creepy for you to be possessive of a girl, especially when that girl is your daughter"

Your eyes widen at the boy's blunt words, looking at your father who glares at Carlisle.

"Go home and spend time with your mother and tell her to stop cheating on her husband with every single stranger"

Elliot gives a fake smile before patting Carlisle's blond locks.

"(Y/n) has done nothing wrong, it is our fault, we are the ones who kept on pressuring her"

Owen tries to ease the situation, not wanting you to get into any trouble.

"That's why she should stay away from your likes" the CEO grabs you by the wrist harshly.

"Let's go, (Y/n)"

Your heart is beating like crazy and you feel the need to burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, Papa"

"We will discuss this once we return home, until then you better not speak, understood?"

"...I understand"

-----

"Why in the world would you think it is alright to lie to me, (Y/n)?"

His calm attitude made you believe that a storm is coming soon as you know that any excuse you are going to use...

...is not going to be heard.

So you chose to stay silent, not wishing for anything to be used against you.

However, that was a big mistake

"Do you not want to answer me, or are you going to burst into tears as if you were a child in kindergarten!"

And that's when your eyes refuse to hold back tears and allow them to show.

"If...I told you...I was going to hang out with them...you would have said no" you hiccup out the words.

"No, I would have said yes," Elliot says, causing you to look at him in surprise.

"Really?" Elliot rolls his eyes.

"Yes, but you had to lie for no logical reason"

There's no way in hell, your adoptive father would have let you hang out with your friends.

He is just saying that to make himself look good and guilt-trip you.

"No, you wouldn't have done that, you would have said no"

You are not a fool to the point of believing in Elliot being kind-hearted enough to allow you to go out with your friends.

"Excuse me, what did you just say?" he stands directly in front of you, his tall figure towering over your short form.

The way he clutches his teeth and narrows his ocean blue eyes indicates that danger is near.

However, it's time to stand up for yourself, you can't allow Elliot to treat you in this way.

"You don't want me to have any friends" you start, clutching your fists tightly.

"You also don't allow me to leave the house unless it is for school or with you" you accuse him.

"I'm doing that for your own good" you snort.

"Own good? You are imprisoning me! you even hate listening to my own opinions!"

Your burst out made you more confident about yourself even though it made Elliot angrier.

"Because your opinions are naive!"

"Naive? My opinion is not-" he cuts you off this time.

"Listen carefully to what I'm going to say" Elliot places both his hands on your shoulders causing you discomfort.

"You are no longer the daughter of some average poor people, you are my daughter, therefore you are a target to everyone who hates me"

His hands tighten slightly, while his eyes glare into your soul.

"Let us imagine together, you go to someplace and suddenly a group of strange people kidnaps you, wouldn't this be a terrifying situation?"

You stay silent, your confidence fading away.

"Believe me when I say that I would never do anything to harm you"

Elliot's smile returns when he notices your defeated expression.

"Yet you still need to get punished for your reckless actions" your breath hitches.

"What type of punishment"

"Oh, it's nothing serious, I'm just not going to allow you to attend the academy nor use any ways of communications."