Chapter Two

"Oh stop with those tears, or your eyes will sour up from all that crying" Elliot orders, rolling his eyes, not feeling any sympathy for you.

You wipe your tears with the handkerchief he gave to you when you entered the car.

"Isn't that considered human trafficking?" Leonardo's eyes widen in realization, while Elliot stays calm.

"Let us search up the meaning of human trafficking, shall we?" 

Your brows furrow in confusion as you watch your adoptive father unlock his tablet, and start searching for something.

"Uh ha, there it is"  Elliot exclaims.

"Human trafficking is the trade of humans for forced labor, s*xual slavery, or commercials s*xual exploitation for the trafficker or others. This may encompass providing a spouse in the context of forced marriage, or the extraction of organs or tissues, including for surrogacy and ova removal."

He finishes reading the article about the definition of human trafficking from Wikipedia and looks up at you with a smug smile.

"I see nothing that states that buying and adopting a child is human trafficking, sweetheart" you roll your eyes at him.

"It doesn't have to state that, selling and buying a human being is human trafficking" the CEO snorts, before grabbing you harshly by the face, pulling you closer to his face by force.

"I don't care about what you think, you are mine now, I own you, so you better start calling me Papa" you cringe after he lets go of your face.

"Why can't you just have a child of your own or adopt one from an orphanage?" 

"Well, obviously, I can't have a child of my own, secondly, all the children in orphanages look too ugly to be my children" you raise an eyebrow. 

"Why me?" Elliot shrugs.

"Why not you? You match the description of daddy's little girl" when Elliot notices the looks on yours and Leonardo's face, he quickly corrects himself.

"Don't let your mind take you far, sweetie. what I meant is that you match the description of an adorable young girl, who can get whatever she wants by asking her rich father" you narrow your eyes at him, not believing him.

Elliot sighs, and rolls his eyes, already getting a headache from all this arguing.

However, deep down he loves that you are speaking to him, your voice is nice to listen to.

"Listen, I know you hate me and think that I'm evil like those Disney villains, but I'm a kind-hearted person-" you cut him off.

"Really?''

"...Well, the only one I'm going to treat with kindness is you, however, I don't care about other people, they deserve to get stepped on"

His honesty shocked you as much as it brought you comfort to know he won't harm you in any way possible.

"And I also have a big surprise for you"

                                       -----------------

"What the..." your mouth drops in shock at the sight in front of you.

"I heard you like reading, so why not have your room filled with book and manga on a big shelf just for you, sweetheart" 

Your eyes scan the huge shelves, that held various books and mangas.

You turn your attention back to Elliot who is looking at you with a genuinely happy expression.

For the first time in his life, Elliot feels happy that he made another person happy.

Not through charity

Not through accepting them at work.

Not through promotion.

The sight of seeing you happy surprisingly gives him a warm feeling on the inside.

"Thank you...Papa" you hesitate on saying the last word, but decided to say it anyway.

After all, your biological father sold you, so why not consider Elliot your new father even though he illegally adopted you by buying you from your parents.

"There are a few rules I need you to follow" you fight the urge to object.

Everything has a price, doesn't it?

"Rule number one, I want you to be on your best behavior all the time, especially when we attend parties" you nod your head slowly at him.

"Seems easy," you say, shrugging your shoulders.

"You still haven't the rest, (Y/n)"

"Well, I'm sure that the other rules aren't going to be hard to follow" he chuckles at your confidence.

"Rule number two, any type of romantic relationship isn't allowed with anyone" Elliot emphasis the word 'romantic' with disgust while you shrug.

"I wasn't going to, I'm only emotionally devoted to fictional characters" Elliot ignores you.

"Rule number three, and this is the last rule, you have to delete all your social media account as you aren't allowed to make any new ones"  you shook your head quickly.

"What?! NO!" You exclaim, feeling terrified at the thought of having your social life being deleted.

"I knew that you were going to object, so I had one of my hackers delete them for you" 

The shock is too much for you, that your legs give up from under you.

Thankfully, Elliot catches you just in time before you could hate the ground.

The fact that he deleted your Instagram account which had over a million followers, and your YouTube which had about five hundred thousand subscribers, and also your Reddit which you had most of your fans on, made you want to kill him. 

''Don't take it too hard on yourself, I did it for your own good, sweetheart'' you remove yourself out of his arms.

''How is it for my own good? all my hard work is gone with the wind'' you choke out, feeling tears of anger threatening to fall down your face.

''We don't know what type of perverts view your social life images, so don't go off on me for trying to protect you from them'' you bite your bottom lip so hard, trying not to snap at him.

"If fame is what you are after" he places both his hands on your shoulders.

"Then once I announce tomorrow that I have adopted you, people, from all around the world eyes will be directed towards you" his light green eyes meet your own (e/c) eyes.

"You aren't (Y/n) (L/n) anymore, you are now (Y/n) Diedrich, the daughter of one of the richest people in the world" He places a kiss on your cheek before pulling away.

"So, stop being the pathetic little poor girl you used to be, princess"