Death Becomes Her

A/N I was supposed post yesterday 🥴🥴

The timeline of this chapter is a bit confusing, so it starts off a week after the last chapter. Triggers are labeled. Happy reading and can y'all hoes vote 🤣🙄

Days past and before Beyoncé knew it, it was Monday. The day of the memorial service. Everyone had given Tina space since learning of the death. She didn't think they actually understood how much it hurt and hadn't said a word to anyone since then. The older woman walked around Beyoncé's house like a zombie for nearly a week because people were afraid of leaving her alone when Richard had work related events to attend. There was no life, no emotion, nothing. There was an empty shell of a woman behind those green eyes. She came downstairs reluctantly for meals and absentmindedly shoveled a little food into her mouth before saying that she was finished in a very monotone voice. Then she would drag herself towards the elevator and head upstairs to lay in the bed and cry endlessly into her pillows. Just when Tina thought she couldn't cry anymore, she would find something else that would remind her of exactly who she lost and it would all come back. She honestly didn't think that she had any more tears left, but she always found more.

An all white hand sewn couture dress that fit perfectly to her body was Beyoncé's choice of attire as she stood with her parents on the marble floors of one of Atlanta's biggest churches. The entire family had flown in the night before completely struck with grief. From somewhere, somber organ music played in a hushed tone to set the mood, but nobody needed the mood to be set. They were miserable enough as it was. Tina was just existing, though a bit of life came to her eyes as she saw her old friend Lilith in a cowl-necked white dress with matching white pearls, walk up to her and give her condolences. She spotted more of her friends and realized quite a few others had poured in. She recognized her uncle Hardy leaning against a pew. She glanced at her cousin Elise and her niece Dinah talking amongst each other. She also spotted her old neighbor from Houston sitting towards the back corner. If Tina wasn't so broken, she would've given the woman a real piece of her mind for coming; they never got along.

Tina felt a tug on her arm from Richard and she slowly started walking forward, focusing on the white tulips and the smell of incense that filled the place. The closer she got to the casket in the front, the harder it was for her to walk. Her breath was leaving her again, the tears were starting to fall, and she felt as though she would pass out. She couldn't take this, she wanted to crawl in with her. She wanted to just crawl into the casket and be buried with her. What no one understood was that the cold casket before them held more than just remains; it held Tina's heart.

Chloe sat down next to Halle, and beside Halle sat Beyoncé gripping black rosaries seemingly in prayer.

A moment later, Shawn joined them with Blue and Julez tagging along