Feel Numb In My Bones

A/N: I'm back 😔😔😔 s/o to the loyal readers who are sticking with this story although I'm lazy asl 🥴 happy reading and don't forget to vote.

"But all of our friends are gonna be there." Chloe looked to Shawn for help, but he simply shrugged in response.

Chloe and Halle were currently sitting on their parent's bed attempting to convince them to allow them to go to a party in Atherton, an upscale town not too far from their home.

"Wasn't all your friends there when y'all snuck out last time," Beyoncé asked, her hand cupping her ear waiting on the imminent reply.

Chloe let out an egregious sigh as she slipped off of the bed and crossed the room where the blonde stood. "Yes but that was different." She bored into the woman's hazel eyes.

"How? It's still gonna be a house full of teens probably drinking and smoking their lives away."

"Even if there is, we won't indulge in any of that stuff. We've learned our lesson Bey please can we go?" Chloe begged.

"Sorry sweetpea but the answer is still no," Bey patted her shoulder for good measure.

Chloe signaled with her eyes for Halle. The girl huffed. "Mommy we won't do any of that stuff. We just want to hang with our friends. We barely get to see them anymore and this is the only time everyone's schedules line up."

Shawn and Bey exchanged glances.

Halle crossed the room and Chloe allowed the girl to take her space in front of the blonde. "Please? We're always in the house and we're always the ones being left out of everything. I just want to be normal for once."

Beyoncé rubbed her forehead, tilting her eyes to the ceiling. "No and that's that on that. Why can't y'all hang together during the daytime? Go shopping or something?"

"Because all of our friends have other priorities during the day and so do we." Chloe said truthfully.

Bey shook her head, "I just can't see it happening."

Shawn stood, "Bey, can I talk to you for a second?"

The woman slightly rolled her eyes and walked his way while the girls looked on.

"I think we should let them go," he said in a hushed tone.

"What? No," she made a face.

"They just dropped an e.p four days ago. They deserve to celebrate," he whispered.

"They've been celebrating for four days," she retorted.

"With us! Not their friends. Why can't they go?"

Bey looked over her shoulder at her children and back at her husband

Bey looked over her shoulder at her children and back at her husband. "Cause they can't."

"Girls, give us a minute," Shawn called across the room.