Shine The Light

This was rushed plz don't judge me 🙄🙄

_

"Hurry up and post it," Halle whisper-screamed into her sister's ear.

"Shut up, I'm trying. It's not my fault the school hasn't updated their internet services since the 80's," Chloe screeched.

Both sisters had been in the school's library for hours trying to post their latest music cover to Youtube. Queen Bey had just dropped her self titled album, sending the whole world into a frenzy. People were raving about all of the visuals that came along with the new songs. Chloe suggested that they cover 'Pretty Hurts' to get more traction and impressions on their account. It didn't help that they didn't have a laptop to post the video from home. All they had was an iphone 5s which they shared. The phone wasn't even turned on, so they recorded themselves singing at home and stayed late after school to post it. They did this every Friday for over a year. It was the only day their foster parents wouldn't be at home.

The ironclad schedule the two sisters stuck with throughout the week was actively enforced by their "parents". They were to take the school bus home and arrive no later than 4:05. All household chores must be completed before household sweep which basically consisted of their foster mother Tasha patrolling the place like a major general ensuring the house was at its cleanest.

"Girls, you have five minutes, I'm sorry but I really have to lock this place up," Shannon, the librarian started stuffing her backpack. The woman had no problem allowing the girls to stay past closing because they were her favorite students. Both girls were the sweetest, and they reminded Shannon of her younger cousins who were back in Hawaii with the rest of the Mitchell family. However, tonight was her first day on her new bartending job, and she couldn't be late to her orientation.

Chloe and Halle stared at the phone screen willing the upload percentage to speed up already. They were at ninety eight percent just two more and they were ready to go.
"Can we have like ten more minutes Shay? It's at ninety eight percent," Halle whined, her eyes never leaving the iphone.

Shay sighed and flopped back down in her seat. She told the girls that they could come to her house to upload their covers and she would give them a ride home; no problem. They claimed their parents would completely freak if they went to anyone's home after school. Shannon found it odd that she'd known the girls since she was hired at Lakeview at twenty one years old and had never met the Bailey's parents.

"Done," Chloe squealed.
"Done?" Halle questioned after dozing off; slightly.
"Done!" Chloe squealed, quickly getting up to collect her school books that were scattered over the table.

Halle happily hummed as she waited by the door for her sister.

"Thank you again Shay we appreciate you more than you know," Chloe hugged the young librarian.

"Yeah and make sure you carry pepper spray, a knife or something tonight cause people are crazy," Halle hollered over her shoulder.

Chloe lightly hit the back of Halle's head.

"What? People are crazy," Halle shrugged.