Lucky Leaf, I Caught You

A/N: Queen of run on sentences is back! Wake up Hoes!! This chapter is major filler because yeah. (I got y'all next chapter tho) I wanna stop writing this story so bad😫😫. Here we go didn't proof read so 😬

Lucky leaf, I caught you, red handed in my hand and then you froze. Lucky leaf, I saw you,
suspect convicted out of the branches you throw.

"I-I'm sorry S-Shawn," Halle cried, not caring about the many eyes gazing her way.

She scurried behind the sizable man trying to draw his attention, but he was steadfast on making it back to his car before opening his mouth. Shawn chuckled, waved his arm in a cavalier gesture and sat in his yellow Lambo truck, slamming the door masterfully behind him. Chloe dogged the footsteps of her sister until they were both waiting beside the truck eyeballing each other, trying to see who would make the first move.

"Get in," the eldest Bailey whispered.

Halle wiped her tears and ogled the door handle, "no, you!"

"If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be out here now, get in you're making a scene!"

Both girls drew back at the sound of Shawn's horn blaring. Halle's vision blurred as more tears trailed her cheeks. With a shaky hand and a spasmodic ticker, the youngest Bailey reached for the handle, opening it bit by bit. She sat guardedly with her arms wrapped around her middle and peered at the embroidered floor mats with Jay's initials etched into them.

Chloe held onto the ajar door shivering from the gust of wind she hoped would whisk her away to fool's paradise where she found solace a little too often. She bugged her eyes at her sister, who's cries had dwindled to measly hiccups, telling her to scoot over.

"Noooo," Halle's tears were now a weir in her mind holding back an immense amount of misery and past suffering.

All the same, Chloe was not blind to her sister's despondency and distress, but she genuinely couldn't claw herself out of her own mind to think of anything that didn't pertain to her own preservation. She stayed silent and slid beside her sister in the back seat. Chloe turned her ears off as her sister began her usual mantra of pleading and begging. It's been weeks, no months give or take a few days since Chloe had heard this level of beseeching gush from her sister's lips. 'It's no use' she wanted so badly to say after seeing the look of disappointment flash in Shawn's eyes through the rear view mirror. To Chloe's amazement and chagrin, Halle couldn't find any words that could throw light upon their situation. They were backing out of the gravel covered driveway when Halle began hyperventilating.

"I'm sorry," She wailed directly behind Shawn's ear.

The small teen held the back of the driver's seat with her left hand and tapped Shawn's shoulder with the right incessantly. Chloe's head jerked in the direction of her sister. She didn't know why she was so calm herself, but she was. That didn't stop her from agreeing with the things that Halle said with a nod.

"Put your seatbelts on," Shawn deadpanned.

He didn't bother turning around. He wanted to get his thoughts together, afraid he may say the wrong things while his wife wasn't present. He was getting freaked out by Halle. He's seen her cry and whine, yes, but he's never witnessed a full on fit topped with throwing herself against the back seat and unlocking the car door while it was in motion. What the hell? Shawn stole short glances watching closely as Chloe lightly pounded her fist into her knee and completely hid her face with her left hand.

"I w- I-won't do it again S-Shawn. I-I promise I won't," Halle hiccuped.

The girl covered her mouth and clenched her stomach which got her sister's attention.