Bougie Party

A/N: This chapter is gonna move pretty fast 😕

"Ight man drive safe," Shawn reached into his pocket and handed his driver a hundred dollar tip.

"Take care," the older man said as he closed the back door to his company truck and hopped in the driver's seat.

Shawn had just returned from his two day business trip and was honestly dead on his feet after listening to his team go head to head with a smaller company he was trying to buy out. The man unlocked his door and was greeted with a soothing stillness his home rarely had as of late. Soundlessly, he made his way to the elevator and pressed the third floor button, leaning his head on the wall as he watched the doors close shortly after. Shawn slung his duffle bag over his shoulder and slackly made his way down the overlong hall. Upon arrival at his bedroom door, the worn out man could hear the tv blasting some type of screamo song. He opened the door and chuckled at his view. His wife snored lightly while cradling their sleeping daughter. Chloe rested her head on Bey's thigh with her mouth hung open and Halle sat at the foot of the bed nodding off every few seconds. The man finally made his way to his wife and lightly kissed her on the forehead. Moments later, Bey opened her eyes and beamed at her husband's face.

"Hey baby," she sat up carefully, moving Chloe's head so it was now in her lap.

Beyoncé took the remote and turned the tv down to a reasonable level. They had been watching a thriller after Halle's incessant begging and couldn't make it through the first forty minutes of the movie. Halle's head jerked to the side once more causing her to wake up finally.

"Hey Shawn," she said coolly and made herself comfortable on the side of Blue.

"Wassup lil bit," Shawn opened his closet to put away his bag.

He immediately began unpacking. If he didn't do it now he wouldn't later. He emptied the contents into his hamper, dispensed his toiletries, and placed his jewels into his crystal box. When he was putting away his bag, he threw it to the top of his closet but instead the action toppled a box of Versace merch and a smaller box of personal paperwork and accolades he'd received over the years. He sighed, bending down to pick them up, securing everything large before moving to the paperwork. A picture slipped out, it was the same one his mother kept on the coffee table at her house; a shot of him and his siblings being silly and making a face at the camera. He peeled back the rest unveiling the other three shots; a "serious one," a happy one, and one where he and his foster brother Trey almost missed the flash because they were trying to decide what face to make. He stared at the photo longer than he wanted to before carefully placing it back in the box on the shelf.

"How was your trip," Beyoncé asked casually as she ran her hands through Chloe's hair.

Shawn returned to the room ready to crash beside his wife, "Same ole same ole, a bunch of suits goin' on and on about semantics."

"It's about that time lil bit," Shawn announced.

Halle lifted her head from the bed and judging by the look on her face, Shawn already knew what would follow.

"But we're not even going to school tomorrow," she whined.

"Who not going to school," he looked at his wife.

"She has to get her permit and they have practice, remember," Bey smoothed Chloe's eyebrow into place as she slept quietly.

Shawn nodded, "well guess what," he turned to Halle.

"What," she asked as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"You still gotta go in your room."

Halle looked to Bey waiting for her to interject and plastered a pout across her face once she realized the blonde agreed. Slowly, the teen slid from the bed.