Foor. No Potatoes at All

okay, the literal song is typed on the Personality Database as INFP. It's LITERALLY typed INFP, although the artist, Sloan, is actually an ENFP (which is close enough)

this video brings joy to my soul~ i snort so loud every time i watch it

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Each of Adrian's fingers tap the counter successively, falling in line with each other. They all lift off the surface at once, beginning the routine again.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

All four of them, landing in perfect synch. They point ahead. Straight to the other end of the diner. Straight at her. The ugly blond with laundry detergent colored eyes.

Levi, his coworker, sits beside her, cupping a mug of coffee, laughing as if she said the funniest joke of all time.

Why can't lunch break go faster? His eyes squint so tightly, he almost feels the condensed power they send, to urge her along with her waffle. She's only halfway done and lunch break is only halfway over. If anything, time is only moving slower. Maybe his powers are the opposite; maybe they slow time down.

Not that Adrian hates her, he just hates the possibilities pertaining to Kimmy. The longer this blonde stays, the harder Kimmy's glare becomes. The pressure in the room therefore increases.

Finish your waffle already...

Adrian's eye twitches with fatigue, but he continues to stare over his cold burger; Kimmy's forced burger with no tomatoes. Why did Kimmy insist on a burger today? Isn't that against article 27, section 2? "All associates will receive one meal of their choice during diner hours, free of charge." Doesn't that mean he gets a say in what he eats? Sure, no tomatoes was his choice, but he would've rather ordered the mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes sound way better right now. If he could only eat one thing for 20 days straight, it would definitely be mashed potatoes.

Maybe that's why he's in a sour mood. Cuz Kimmy forced a burger on him, calling him a twig for liking mashed potatoes, and Levi is friends with that blonde chick. What does he see in her anyway? She doesn't even have dimples.

Are they dating?

Absentmindedly, Adrian pokes his bun, picking off the sesame seeds as he travels around the edge. Maybe he'll have mashed potatoes for dinner. But he works late tonight. There won't be any time to even restock on potatoes at the store.

Instant mashed potatoes it is. No, wait. He checked the cabinet this morning. No potatoes at all, fake or otherwise.

He lets out a slow breath as he bends over the counter, laying his head on the cold white tiles. They feel like ice against his hot skin. It brings him back to reality and he blinks his eyes open, only realizing they were closed just now.

The day feels strange for some reason. It feels... peaceful. Why is that? Oh, right. Benny is shopping with his mom today.

Finally. A well deserved break-

Kimmy calls his name, impatience ringing in the syllables and he's upright instantaneously.

"Slack on your own time, Ady. Lunch is over." Her ringed fingers hand him a broom and dust pan. "Try to pawn some pie to the customers too, Noel has another batch in the freezer for us so we need to get rid of the leftovers."

Noel. Kimmy's mysterious pie chef. The only think Adrian knows about Noel is that his pies are to die for; Kimmy said he had mastered his recipes for as long as she's rented the diner. Which is... a really long time.