Ate. #Relatable

the sweetest of music videos in the whole world. 10/10

being a soft boi, he comes from the marshmallow section of our INFP collection

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

A piece of white printer paper crinkles in Adrian's fingers as he flattens his folds with his fingernails. The little boy bites his tongue in concentration as he does his best to keep up with the origami master beside him.

Benny's chubby fingers spread chocolate from the cookie he had just finished, across each fold. The chocolate is also smudged all over his cheeks. It accentuates his freckles peppered across his nose and under his eyes. He doesn't seem to notice how uneven each fold is, going as fast as he can.

The next step requires that the paper is pushed inside itself, called a pocket-fold. Adrian predicts the fold to be nearly impossible for a beginner origami enthusiast such as the little seven-year-old he's practically raising during the week.

He chuckles when the chocolate-stained mess is pushed against his arm.

"Help," Benny pleads, eyes matching the plethora of freckles and brown smudges on his face.

Adrian grabs the towel from off the counter, roughly rubbing the boy's face and hands down. It leaves in its wake, a wide trail of tender, red skin; clean nonetheless. He then takes the paper, trying to straighten and sharpen the stained folds as best he can.

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves comes on the radio. 80's Tuesday seems to be the customers' favorite day to come in for lemonade, made famous by Kimmy herself.

80's Tuesday might be his least favorite day because, if you thought 60's pop was all about love, 80's has a big surprise for you. More love. But now, drugs are legal.

A sigh tumbles from his lips.

"You're sadder than normal," Benny states as his paper is slid back over to him.

"What else is new?" Adrian mumbles, pointing his eyes to the crisp folds in his hands. 

The boy studies his origami, comparing it to Adrian's. He adds another valley fold. "Was it a girl?"

Adrian flinches and his fingers push the paper down in the wrong place. How did this kid know?

"Yeah." Why is he telling a seven-year-old?

"Did she hurt your feelings?"

"No..."

"Did you hurt hers?"

Ugh, okay don't answer that. "Yeah."

What? Did I just admit that?

"Why don't you apologize? My dad always apologizes when he hurts my mom."

Adrian takes a slow breath, formulating answers in his head, only to scrap them after the first three words, each time. This is different... She started it...

"Kid, I hate to be this person but, you'll understand when you're older." He dodges the question, not knowing how to answer, himself. Now, all those "wait until you're older" answers he received as a kid make so much more sense. #relatable.

He does his best to straighten his folding mistake. Benny copies. They both end up with bubbles near the corners. Huh. Maybe not so much of a master as he supposed. Flatten it out anyways.

"Do you think you'll ever fix it?" Benny asks.

"No idea..." Adrian answers, internally groaning as a new song begins.