Sevin. Secret Spilling

literally listened only to this singular song for months. why is it so good?
yeah, lead singer is INFP

it's interesting to look at all of the perspectives of the same type. they are so different in how they view things, yet there's a tangible resemblance, i don't know how to explain it

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

There comes a point in people's lives, when, whether they know it or not, they have found a person they might accidentally trust, whom they want to tell their deepest secrets to.

A person they've known since childhood, a person they met back in high school, a person that spilled coffee on them at the bus, or the person they bumped into on the street.

In Adrian's case, it's the regular at the diner, who's only ever ordered waffles.

When you look at this person, and you know they will take you seriously, a sort of magical feeling encompasses you. Almost instantly, you trust this person with your life, and you tell them things you never thought would pass your lips. Least of all, to this almost total stranger.

It's uncontrollable; this secret revealing business. You can't seem to stop. And you don't want to. But the whole ordeal is unknown to you. You aren't physically aware of the strange ties you have towards said person, you only know that your secrets are suddenly too much to bear, alone.

The sun gives up on trying to get rid of the cloud above Adrian's head, carrying its buttery beams elsewhere, where they are perhaps more appreciated. The diner is now a grayish tone.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," Daffodil mumbles, folding and unfolding the gauze in her hands. Her face holds no restraints on her emotions. They easily play across her mouth and eyes.

"It's okay. You didn't know." Adrian blows out a breath.

"But that shouldn't stop you from getting married-"

"You think that's the reason I don't want to?" he says with a scoff. "I know death is a part of life."

"Then-"

"My dad went crazy... Insane."

Every night, getting home from school became more and more of a nightmare. Not wanting to count the bottles lined up on the table shouldn't be a kid's first thoughts when they come home. Yet, life had different plans.

Two...

Three, four, five....

Brown beer bottles. The ugliest color on the planet. One would think of puke or mud as the ugliest, but it's actually bottle brown.

"You have a good day at school?" his father slurred after a long slug from his sixth bottle.

Adrian gave a weak nod, wondering where his siblings were. Probably all hiding in their rooms.

Thank God, his dad wasn't an angry drunk. Sometimes giggly, sometimes stuttery, but never angry. Most often, he was a sobbing mess, attempting to drown away the pain of such a massive hole. But he never learned it wouldn't solve the problem. No matter how much alcohol he poured into the hole, it would never fill it.

Seasons had come and gone, teachers and friends began to notice something.

"Wow, you're really starting to look like your dad," the English teacher commented one day.

Perhaps it was meant to be a compliment. Perhaps it meant that he was growing up or getting more handsome.

But in his ears, it filtered into one thing; "You're becoming your dad."