Twuntee. Kinda feel like ripping your heart out today

this is totally the vibe for this chap. really spacey and 80's and i'm here for it 

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's finally happening. From the very corners of his small expanse of determination, Adrian has collected enough courage to talk to Daffy. Now, all that he has to do is wait. She'll be here any moment.

Adrian leans against the bar, his broom forgotten in his hand. His gaze rests on the bell above the door as a slow song drifts through the air, its tempo swings like a lazy hammock. Everything feels lazy today, even the sun. The weather forecast predicted temperatures to be in the 80's, but following the trends of today, the sun gives a small effort to bring the sidewalk up to 60 degrees. It barely reaches for the tan seats, conveying a heavy struggle in doing its job.

Something seems to be missing as streams of quiet customers float past him, all smiling as if they know he's finally made up his mind. Their gazes all stay on him for a few seconds too long. Adrian ignores their stares, laser beams for eyes on the doorframe. Any moment now.

Tapping the broom handle with the pads of his fingers, he takes a slow breath, blowing the air out of his mouth. Turning to the bar, he watches as Kimmy wipes the counter, stacking a few cups in her hands.

"Are we on a different radio station?" he asks, just noticing the change of atmosphere. The very air is wavy and fuzzy, like a retro television screen.

"Yeah, I decided to go all 80's today. What do you think of my hair?" Kimmy brings a hand up to a curly nest on her head, streaked with neon red.

Adrian's eyes widen. 

"When did you do that?" 

"You haven't noticed? I did it three days ago," Kimmy says, her tone falling in disappointment.

"What?" That isn't like Kimmy. What's going on?

Adrian purses his lips, glancing around his feet, just remembering a certain pair of crunch bar eyes. Not there.

"Where's Benny?" The fact that the little boy's absence didn't affect him, makes his insides crumple into knots.

"You don't remember?" Kimmy's eyes narrow. "Benny stopped coming to the diner when they moved."

"What?" Adrian stiffens, his grip on the broom tightening with the knots. "When did that happen?"

"What's the matter with you, today?" she says as she gathers the cups on the bar.

He screws his eyes shut, trying to restart his brain like a broken phone. 

"I-I don't know. I don't know what's happening-"

His voice cuts off at the sound of the bell. He twirls on his heel, the broom awkwardly coming around with him.

The girl of his dreams walks into the diner. A smile spreads across her face as she looks about the room. The door doesn't shut behind her though.

Daffy looks over her shoulder as Levi walks up next to her, taking her hand into his. He then stuffs it into his jacket pocket as they make their way to her customary corner booth.

Adrian stays in his spot as the air expands around him, pushing him into a little space. His arms wrap around the broom as he brings his legs together tightly. Lining his feet up with each other, he tries to pull his eyes off of the tips of his shoes, but they are glued downward.

This isn't right. This can't be right.

With every inch of muscle he has, he drags his gaze up. Straight to them. Legs resisting as if cemented to the floor, they begin to carry him across the room.