Twuntee-sevin. A Horrible Fate (Kimmy's arc)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Utterly awestruck, Daffy and Adrian carefully sit down in the booth, Kimmy and Noel taking the other side. They all look at each other, a different face stuck to each of them. Surprise and confusion, silent scolding, and utter amusement.

Noel grins, his hands cupping his chin as he soaks in their faces.

"How's the pie?" he asks, wiggling his brows at Adrian's forgotten raspberry slice. "I always get caught by the cooking time for my raspberry recipes, they make quite a touchy deal, I'll say."

No words come out of Adrian's gaping mouth. 

"Haha, you look like goldfish, the both of you. I guess we have some explaining; Kimmy, how 'bout you tell the story? You tell it so well," Noel nudges Kimmy with his elbow, his eyes not leaving the view of Adrian and Daffy's puzzled surprise.

Kimmy mumbles something, but eventually lifts her face.

"Back in the 80's, we were seniors in high school."

"Haha, you had a mullet, remember?" Noel sniggers.

"Yes, Noel, laugh it up." Rolling her eyes, Kimmy adjusts her bracelets. "Anyways,"

~~~~

~Life Can be Pretty Funny~
Kimmy and Noel's story
an abrupt side-story by me

~~~~

Kimmy, at fifteen years old, had a glare that could literally stab the receiving end. The crowd of rowdy and uncontrollable students often dropped to silence in her presence, even so much as parting for her majestic and demanding air.

It happened on a sunny day. The clouds were puffy and sparse and even the grass looked to be a tad bit too warm as its little moisture was sucked dry by the scorching sun. 

Those two laser beam eyes swept over the wide hallway of the town's high school and came to stop on just one boy. She only had to know one thing about the chosen person; if they had an allowance. And thanks to a handy super power she knew she possessed, she could tell who had allowance money stashed in their socks and who didn't.

The chosen boy was innocent looking enough, wearing a gingham button-up, tucked into freshly ironed slacks. Not a hair was out of place on his combed and gelled head. His back was turned to all the silent gazes with their slack-jaws and tense stances. The boy was arranging his books on the shelf, seemingly lost to the surroundings.

Only for a moment though. Kimmy marched up to the unassuming boy and tapped his shoulder. He turned around, a little surprised to see a girl, three inches taller than him, staring him down.

The science book, gripped tight in his hands, was brought up to his chest as a shield. He pulled in a deep breath.

"You." Kimmy pointed at his face, her finger coming within inches of his nose. "Pizza."

Two words. That's all it took. And then a hand came out of nowhere, catching his wrist and pulling him out of the building. 

Noel looked over his shoulder to see sympathetic eyes and shaking heads of pity, deeming him lost to this world. What was going to happen to him? What did he do to deserve such a horrible fate? What was this fate that earned him such despairing faces from his peers? Was she going to turn him into pizza?