Sickstine. Gummy Bears and Depression

It sounds like they're singing to an INFP. this person is stuck in one spot in their life, all up in their head all the time; so much so, that they're missing out on life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Well, looks like there's no denying it." Adrian sighs, his hands joined beneath his chin. He stares intently into her eyes, a lost and broken look taking hold of his features. "I... really, really mis her. Like, I don't know what to do with myself at all. What do I do?"

Irma, brimming with disinterest, begins to lick her paw. Her tail swooshes around on the coffee table, knocking a hot wheels car off. It lands beside the dinosaur she pushed off, not five minutes earlier.

"Oh man, how do I get through this?" Adrian runs both hands through his hair. The silver tips glisten with the movement in the weak glow of the lamps beside the couch. 

Through the late hours of the night, the noise of constant traffic and occasional honking sing a never ending song of how the city doesn't sleep, of how focused humanity has become on efficiency and profit. Somehow it has become lost to the world, the idea that life can be lived slow, without all of the green paper in the world they seem to strive for, all of their rushed lives. 

Adrian stares out the window at the the endless line of taillights and headlights. An idea strikes and he finds his notepad atop the coffee table beside Irma. 

"Maybe I'll write a letter. It'll be everything I wanna say and then I don't have to send it but I'll feel better about myself at least."

He wiggles his pen for a moment and sets it to the paper.

Dear Daffy,
I miss you and this feeling really sucks but love has to hurt to be true. Did you know that was a thing? Well I can tell you right now, I'm IN PAIN. And it's all your fault, just so you know.
It can't be love, right? This is all just a crush. It has to be. Puppy love. And you can't possibly like me back, right? Maybe you're just a puppy too. We're possibly just two immature puppies trying to act like adults with adult problems and adult emotions when in reality...

Okay, that's getting off track.

Adrian puffs a heavy sigh, dropping his pen and notebook on the cushion beside him. This isn't helping. The temptation to actually give it to her is too strong and he knows he'll say things he regrets like admitting that he loves her.

No. He doesn't love her. That can't be true.

Or is it?

Perhaps he just can't admit it to himself. The reason is so obvious. Which makes the feeling all the more real.

The reason among countless possibilities; he's afraid. There are so many things he's afraid of. Himself. His life. Daffy. Heartbreak. Loneliness. His very own mind.

They all dance around him, taunting him as they sing a chant without an end. You're going to get hurt. You're going to lose whatever you try to keep.

Daffy. If she doesn't disappear like Clara, what would happen? There are so many ways she could be hurt because of him. And what would happen if he decided to selfishly love her all for himself? Could she save him from his own mind? Or would she plunge down after him, reaching for his falling hand, never catching it, but only following him into the same pit?

Adrian grips his head, feeling as if his mind is on the verge of being lost. He stands, unsure of the reason, and opens the door. He hastily locks it behind him, skipping up the stairs towards the growing volume of the music.