-0.6 miguels crap karate

chapter six!

"OH, SO YOU DO know how to dance, huh?" asked Noah, his voice teasing. The excitement and energy he gained from simply being there with Alex made him gain confidence that he didn't realize he had. Alex scoffed, playfully, rolling her eyes with a small smile and nodding, swaying slowly with the music. The song then turned slow, playing the only slow song so far. Couples started pairing up, while some of the more wild kids continued to dance like the music was still going wildly. Noah's face turned best read as Alex raised her eyebrows, laughing softly.

"Now, I know how to slow dance, but do you?" she asked the now nervous boy, returning the teasing. Noah groaned internally, not because he didn't know how to slow dance— because he did— but because it seemed like whenever he was able to gain any confidence whatsoever, something unexpected and unplanned had to happen for it to all go away. Noah simply nodded, just as Alex had done a moment ago. However, instead of making a move to actually begin slow dancing, he just stood there awkwardly as he waited for her to make the first move.

Sighing, Alex moved forward and put her hands on his shoulders. Noah still didn't move, the nervousness only growing at their now close proximity. Alex laughed as she locked her fingers together behind his neck. "Now you out your hands on my hips, dummy. I thought you said you knew how to do this?"

Noah then moved, nodding quickly as he reluctantly placed his hand over the trenchcoat and on her hips. He could feel the handle of her fake blade knocking against the bottom on his hand from where it rested in one of the many pockets. She had moved it there while they were dancing so it wouldn't accidentally fly out of her sleeve. Noah kept the two at a distance, still, his hands barely touching her. Alex moved her hands from his neck and readjusted his hands and their positioning to where they were now almost chest-to-chest.

With his parents attending a bunch of important stuff and having a lot of money, they had payed for him to she dancing lessons as a kid— but every bit of that knowledge flew out of his mind the minute he locked eyes with Alex.

"You know, I'd actually like to dance before the songs over if you don't mind," Alex whispered to the boy, making butterflies set off in his stomach for no apparent reason. Noah simply nodded, seeing that he couldn't force himself to actually speak. The two began to dance, his eyes never leaving hers. He'd been to many events and parties, and he had met some very important people in lifetime, but none of them compared to Alex, and none of the moments compared to this. For a moment, he forgot all about his parents— all about their stupid money and arguments. For a moment, he forgot that he was just Noah Peterson— an awkward sixteen year old boy who's never even came close to being in a relationship before. In this moment, he felt like he was on top of the world. Nothing could bring him down from this everlasting high that he felt when he was around Alex Ramirez.

And in that moment, he didn't care that he really was nothing more than Noah Peterson, and he didn't care that never in a million years would his parents approve of the girl in front of him— because he was going to kiss her. His face was moving forward, even if it was ever so slowly. He was going to do it. He was going to be so much more than just an awkward rich kid— he was going to be the boy who kissed the girl. Alex seemed to notice this, too, smiling softly as she let her eyes close and begin to move her face forward as well. He was going to kiss her and she was going to kiss him back.

And then the song abruptly changed— the Ghostbusters theme song beginning to to play loudly on the speaker. Noah didn't want that to stop them, but even if it hadn't, their phone's would've. Dinging loudly, every teen's phone in the gym went off. Alex didn't want to check it— no one was paying attention to them anyway, so who was to care if they took a small moment for just them, but Casey's angry shout made her resist the roll of her eyes as she pulled away and checked to see what the notification was.