-2.0 robby keene

chapter twenty!

"-AND I HATE IT," rants Casey, stuffing a handful of fries in her face. Her head was rested on the bar of the diner, her eyes staring up at Alex. Alex, who was just trying to get through her shift without wanting to throw herself off a bridge, was looking down at her in confusion. The girl had simply walked (stomped would be more appropriate) into the diner, sat down, demanded fries and a milkshake, and started ranting on about Hawk. "It's like he's become a completely different person. But what is even worse is that I still have a huge crush on the dickface."

"Well, honey, seems like you're in a pickle," comments one of Alex's coworkers, Jamie. "I say, ditch all men and go lesbian. Worked for me."

Alex laughed at this, but Casey seemed unamused. She shook her head, pointing over at Alex. "Thanks for the advise, but Alex pulls enough girls for the both of us."

"Well, Casey, if you like him just tell him," suggested Alex. She wasn't sure why Casey was asking her of all people, because she certainly wasn't the poster person for relationships. She had known of Casey's crush on Hawk since before he was even Hawk- the middle of eighth grade to be exact. But Casey wasn't ever one for being in serious relationships- more of causal hookups than anything.

"I can't do that! I mean yeah, we made out some at Aisha's party but that has nothing to do with actual feelings," she said the last work with such disgust that one would think she was talking about a disease of some kind. "If I tell him, then my reputation would be ruined."

"Casey, the only reputation you have is for never coming to school," replied Alex as Jamie handed her a tray of food to deliver to someone. "I'll be right back."

Casey groaned and continued to stuff her face. Alex came back a moment later, Casey's eyes widening in a sudden realization. "Hey, Alex, maybe I should take Hawk to the tracks."

Alex stopped, setting the notepad she was holding down on the table. Eyebrows raised, she rested her elbows on the table and leaned forward. "The tracks? Really? You think he'd like that?"

"I mean, you're the only person besides me that even knows about the tracks, but yeah. Before Hawk... became Hawk, he loved watching sunsets and all that corny stuff," she reminds, "And the tracks are easily the best place to see a sunset in all of California. I could get a pizza beforehand and we could eat dinner there."

"Oh, I don't know," teased Alex, her voice light. "That sounds like a date- and Casey Randle doesn't do dates, does she?"

"Oh shut up," Casey shoots back. She decided then that it'd be best to change the subject, and she had a perfect topic in mind. "So what about you? Found anyone to help you forget Noah?"

"Oh! Speaking of Noah, he actually spoke to me the other day," she informs the blonde, making her gasp loudly. Casey was ecstatic, really, considering that if they talked then there was a possibility that he'd be coming back around the group again. Then, she would have the perfect chance to hold true to her promise of beating the shit out of him. Casey had to admit, the boy was pretty good at hiding from her.

"Really?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "He apologized, even asked if we could get back together."

"Oh my god, you said no, right? Cause I swear if you didnt-"

"I said no," confirmed Alex. Much to Casey's surprise, Alex didn't seem upset at all. Like she was perfectly okay with turning down her ex-boyfriend. "I'm not stupid. Plus, I think I might have feelings for someone else."

The last part came out in more of a whisper, but it was easily the part that Casey heard the most clearly. Jamie sat down beside the blonde, intrigued.