-0.9 school fight

chapter nine!

"YOU CAN GO SIT WITH KYLER. I hear he doesn't mind that you suck." Once Alex heard those words escape Aisha's mouth the next Monday morning, she knew that something was about to go down. Of course she had heard the rumors about Sam, but she also knows firsthand that rumors are usually just that; rumors, and nothing more.

"You can sit with-!" she started, Sam not even turning around as she walked over to where Kyler was talking with his friends. Sighing, she rested her head in the palms of her hands, Noah rubbing her back instinctively. "-us."

The cafeteria got quiet as Sam shoved Kyler's shoulder, making him shut up and quit laughing. "You think it's funny to spread lies about me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," lied Kyler, playing dumb. Alex shifted in her seat so she could watch what happened. Even though Sam hasn't been the best of friends lately, Alex still considered her one. "We saw a movie, and that's it. Well, maybe I saw a little bit more than you."

His friends laughed, one of them stepping forward to add, "Yeah, we heard you got pretty "choked up"."

Sam then knocked his tray off the table, gaining the attention of everyone who wasn't already watching. Alex sighed, shaking her head at the scene that was unraveling before her. Turning back around a bit, she saw Miguel, Demetri, and Eli walking towards her and Noah with their own trays of food. Kyler looked around, trying to avoid being embarrassed by Sam. "Hey, guys! You know that billboard with the big ass dick on it? I guess Sam takes after her dad."

Alex scoffed while everyone else laughed. That was her boss that he was talking about and Mr. L had been nothing but kind to her. She hated how Kyler just insulted him and Sam both. She heard Noah sigh in frustration, the two intertwining their fingers together.

Alex saw Sam raise her fists, probably ready to defend her father's name. She didn't have to, however, because Miguel spoke up. "Hey, Kyler! Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?"

He had thrown his tray down at the table making Alex immediately move to straighten it back up- picking up the juice carton that had fallen and putting it back on the tray along with the fork.

"You want another beat down, 'Rhea?" Kyler asked as he shoved Miguel backwards. Aisha stood up, ready to help him fight. "I'm ready for your lame ass karate this time."

He shoved him again, making Miguel stumble backwards. He shakes his head as he moved forward again, not backing down. "It's not lame-ass karate," he corrects, blocking a punch. "It's Cobra Kai."

Miguel punches Kyler, making everyone- including Alex and Noah- gasp as Kyler fell backwards. Kyler retaliates quick, though, picking him up and slamming him across the table before pulling him into a chokehold. Miguel was able to slither out, though, elbowing and punching Kyler in the process. Miguel then kicked him down, Kyler falling to the ground with a grunt. Alex looked away, remembering being kicked in the face by her own father.

"No mercy!" screamed Aisha, who seemed to be taking her new karate lessions to heart.

Miguel was then able to block and take down two of Kyler's other friends, rolling over a table and grabbing a tray before kicking a chair infront of one of them, making the guy trip. He then proceeded to hit the others with the tray he had picked up. After successfully taking down all four of Kyler's friends, plus Kyler, Miguel stood on top of a table, dropping the tray in astonishment at what he had done. Everyone cheered, Sam sending him a small but grateful smile.

"Hey! Get down from there right now!" yelled the counselor, which did nothing to calm the cheers of the other students. Miguel climbed down, and was dragged away from the cafeteria; probably to the principal's office.