-1.0 hawk

chapter ten!

"WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL?" exclaimed Alex as she saw her friend. Eli Moskowitz- the shy, nerdy, awkward kid, now had a bright blue, spiked up mohawk and was calling himself Hawk. Apparently Mr. Lawrence had said something to him that made him want to 'flip the script' as he says. This is not what she had expected to come to school to, but at this point it didn't really surprise her. With all the buzz that Cobra Kai has been getting from the fight, it seemed to be turning out more like a cult full of misfit kids learning karate.

"You like it, huh?" asked Eli, well Hawk, seemingly making his voice deeper and rougher. Noah turned to Alex, his mouth agape as he was unsure of what to say.

"It looks different," she offered, looping their arms together as they walked to their next class. The pair had always looped arms- it started as a way for Alex to comfort Eli, but then it grew into a habit of their friendship. Noah didn't mind, as he knew that they'd been doing that since before he came around- but figured that Hawk might have a problem with it now, with that newfound confidence. But Hawk didn't say anything, just kept walking as usual, only now with his head held high. If everyone hadn't already gone to class, they would definitely still be staring at the once nerdy kid.

Suddenly, Alex was grabbed by the back of her hoodie and yanked backwards and shoved into a locker, making her fall to the ground. Hawk and Noah both spun around, seeing Mya standing with a smirk. "Whoops, guess I didn't see you there, psycho."

"That's bullshit," said Hawk, making Alex turn her head in confusion. Sure, he had a new haircut, but was he really about to openly stand up to a bully? "We clearly saw you grab her."

"Did you?" she asked with an innocent pout, making sure to kick Alex in the stomach (with her extremely heeled boots, at that) for extra measure. Alex, who was still on the ground, held back a groan and simply stood up, grabbing onto the edge of a nearby set of lockers to pull herself off the floor.

"Just leave me alone, Mya," she pleaded, making Mya scoff while Noah and Hawk shoved Alex behind them.

"Why should I? You obviously won't fight back, and neither will these two pussies," she laughed humorlessly, motioning to the two boys. Hawk began to lunge forward, but Alex grabbed him and pulled him back.

"Let's just go to class," she whispered, pulling the boys with her as she walked the opposite way down the hallway. Hawk sent her a bewildered look as Noah checked her for injuries. "I'm fine, Noah."

Mya had apparently been satisfied after that, deciding not to follow after them. Hawk turned around, just to make sure, then slapped Alex on the arm. "Are you serious? You're still just letting her walk all over you?"

"What choice do I have?" she asked, her facial expression one of desperation. Hawk knew that this wasn't the first time that Mya had gotten aggressive- but he also knew that he'd make sure it was the last. He joined Cobra Kai not just to protect himself, but to protect Alex as well. Especially seeing as how she won't protect herself. "If I go to the principal o-or a teacher they won't believe me! She's a pretty, popular white girl and she can just lie out of it. Plus, fighting back would probably end with me getting suspended for two weeks."

Hawk sighed, looping his arm through hers. Her other hand was intertwined with Noah's, the two providing as comfort as they walked to their class that they were now late for.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"I did it!" exclaimed Miguel, rushing towards the group at the lunch table. A small bruise had began to form below Alex's eye from where she hit the locker, and her side was sore from the kick. "I asked out Sam! And even better, she said yes."