-2.5 promotions and medals

chapter twenty-five!

"ANOUSH QUIT?" asked Alex, her mouth fallen open as she stares at Seth and Amanda in shock. Anoush was the one she could tolerate the most out of the Anoush-Louie duo— a duo that no longer existed because neither of them worked at the dealership anymore. Seth seemed to be unbothered by it, like he was by just about everything, while Alex was already connecting the dots on how this happened. Mr. LaRusso had hardly been around the dealership because he has been running Miyagi-Do, and Anoush probably got tired of that.

Amanda nodded solemnly, although she seemed more agitated than anything. "Unfortunately, yes. That's why you're here, Alex. I'm giving you a promotion."

"Whoa, really? A-Are you sure?" she asked, leaning forward in her seat. She didn't understand why they're giving her, a sixteen year old girl, Anoush's old job, but she wasn't about to complain. "Don't you need to ask Mr. L about that first? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, but I don't want to cause any drama."

"Daniel isn't here," Amanda told the teen, Seth raising his eyebrows in surprise. Amanda rested her elbows on the office desk, "And if he has a problem with me promoting you, then he has another thing coming."

"Ooh, I'm sensing that there's drama already there," said Seth, grinning cheekily. Alex sent the boy an incredulous look, then gave an apologetic one to Amanda. Amanda sighed, handing a clipboard over to Alex. Alex flipped through the papers, her eyes widening considerably.

"Those are your new work times and dates, along with the increased benefits, pay raise, and added responsibilities," listed out Amanda, Alex nodding as she reads through. This honestly wasn't what she expected when she came to work this morning, but she was happy with the turnout. She was kind of sad to see Anoush go, though. But she couldn't wait to tell Miguel.

"Oh, wow. Um, Thank you so much, Mrs. LaRusso. I really appreciate this," she tells the woman honestly. It seemed that bills were just piling up even more than usual, so she was grateful to get this opportunity.

"Yeah, this is awesome," said Seth, somewhat sarcastically. He crossed his arms sassily and leaned forward. "No offense, Mrs. L, but why exactly did I need to be here for this?"

"Oh," said Mrs. LaRusso, her smile brighting into one with equal sass. She gave Alex a look, then Seth. "I needed to let you know that you won't be able to just steal Alex away to work with you anymore. She's going to be busy. And, of course, she kind of is your boss now."

"Oh, that is so not awesome."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"I even have my own office now! Can you believe that? An office. With my name on it! This is so surreal," Alex told Miguel. She had called him almost immediately after her shift ended. Miguel had smiled at the call, and his grin had only widened when he heard how happy she was. He loved it when she was happy. "I've already been thinking of ways to show Mrs. LaRusso how grateful I am. I'm gonna get a thank you card, first of all. Then I'm gonna bake her some of her favorite brownies and even stop at Starbucks to get her her favorite coffee. Do you think that'd be enough? Cause I honestly don't think anything would ever be enough to show my gratitude towards Mrs. LaRusso. Mr. LaRusso too, of course, but from what I've heard he's been kind of a dick to Mrs. L, which is stupid because she's like the nicest woman I've ever met. Besides maybe your mom, she's also very sweet."