-3.0 all hell breaks loose

chapter thirty!

"OH MY GOD," groaned Alex, rolling over in the bed that she was in. Her head was pounding, her stomach aching as side affects from the alcohol. Her throat still burned from throwing up and she faintly remembered brushing her teeth. She wasn't sure, however, of where she was, but she soon figured it out by the smell of the pillow her nose was buried in. She was at Miguel's apartment, in his room.

"Yeah," speaks Miguel from the floor. He laid on a few blankets and a single pillow. Alex suddenly felt guilty for taking the bed, even though she wasn't sure of how she got there. "You got pretty drunk last night. I assume you have a pretty bad hangover?"

"Damn straight," she nodded, squinting at the bright light shinning into the room. Miguel motioned to the nightstand beside of her, where there was an Advil pill and a glass of water. She sent the boy a grateful smile, taking the medication before finishing off the rest
of the water, "Thanks."

"No problem."

"How did I get here?" she asked, rubbing her forehead tiredly. She faintly remembered hearing sirens, but didn't really know much about what happened the night before. "I don't remember anything from after Casey found Tory."

"Casey drove you here. Apparently you threw up, then passed out," he explained, giving her a soft smile as he sat on the bed next to her. He left out the part about Casey giving him a serious talk about Sam. "The police showed up. Tory stayed behind, I think, but Casey figured you'd rather stay with me than her. I'm glad she did, I was really worried about you."

"I am so sorry," she apologized with a frown, leaning her head on his shoulder. Thinking back at the night before, she couldn't even remember the real reason she'd began drinking. Almost everything was blurry. "I don't know what came over me last night. I feel terrible— especially since it ended with you sleeping in the floor. You should've taken the bed, you know I don't mind the floor."

"It's fine, I don't mind the floor either. And don't apologize about last night, a lot of things happened that never should've," he responds, almost ominously, like there was deeper meaning to the words he spoke. She lifted her head from his shoulder to look at him, her face showing confusion as she done so.

"Miguel, did something happen? You're acting sort of... off," she told him and Miguel sighed. He forgot how well he knew her— he knew that he was going to have to tell her what happened sooner or later, but he didn't realize how hard it would be. He wasn't sure how mad she was going to be, and he really didn't want to loose the best thing in his life.

"Umm... yeah. Sam, she kissed me. She was drunk, I didn't kiss back and she immediately regretted it afterwards," he told her, his eyes pleading. "Casey saw it, I'm pretty sure Tory did too, so they can tell you that I automatically pushed her away. I swear I don't like Sam, I like you... I lo– I-I really like you. And only you. And I'm going to shut up now so you can say something."

"You and Sam kissed," she said, no precise emotion written on her face. Miguel swallowed, nervously. Alex thought for a moment, the shrugged a bit. "Okay."

"Okay?" he asked, taken somewhat aback. That wasn't what he was expecting. He was expecting her to be upset— probably not mad, it was pretty hard to make her mad— but likely very sad. She seemed more unbothered than anything. "What do you mean, 'okay'?"

"I mean, okay. I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I'm not upset either. You said you don't like her, I believe you," she responds, like it was just that simple. Miguel smiled at her, wondering just how he got so lucky. Alex leaned over, kissing him quickly before standing up, "Just don't let it happen again, 'kay?"