-2.6 new and old memories

chapter twenty-six!

"SCREW CAPTAIN AMERICA," was all Alex had to say as she fell backwards and flopped onto her bed. Her and Miguel had just finished off their (second, they just had to rewatch) Marvel marathon with Avengers: Endgame, and it's safe to say that Alex reacted the same way she always does; crying and angry. She loved Natasha Romanoff with her entire heart, and the fact that she died instead of Clint made her want to rage quit life. Like really? Clint? He doesn't do anything. Natasha was the first female superhero in the MCU and they just let her die. Not to mention Ironman, who's mental health issues were never fully dealt with. Plus, he never got a proper reunion with Peter; just a rushed hug in the middle of the battlefield. Then Captain America decided to leave his best friend, Bucky, alone in a world that he didn't know, for some chick. Peggy Carter is fabulous in Alex's opinion, but she had her own character arc and her own life in Agent Carter. Then stupid Steve had to screw that up.

It would be an understatement to say that Alex had strong opinions on this.

"Yeah, that was a pretty dick move," agreed Miguel as he laid down beside her. He turned his head slightly so he could look at the side of her face. She was staring up at the ceiling with a tiny pout on her face. "He should've stayed with Bucky."

"Damn straight," she nodded. She tilted her head towards his and grinned when she saw he was already looking at her. She leaned forward a bit, nudging her nose with his. "Why do you have to be so adorable?"

"You're one to talk," he retorts, shifting so he was fully facing her. His head rested in his hand, his elbow leaning on her pillow with a soft green pillowcase. "You're just so flawless."

Alex giggled, somewhat childishly and very girly. She quickly turned and buried her face in her other pillow to hide the blush that she knew was going to be clear on her face. Miguel laughed, wrapping his arm around her tiny figure and pulling her close to his chest. Setting his chin on her shoulder, he grinned as she snuggled into his touch.

Things had been going like this for a while now. They'd always tease and compliment each other, then they'd either end up hugging or kissing. It was something they both enjoyed- it was innocent, pure, teenage love.

Looking around her room, Miguel noticed a soccer ball in the corner of her open closet. He knew that she loved soccer more than life itself and he also knew she had to quit playing to pick up more hours at work. He grinned at the idea that popped into his head. "You don't have to go to work for like another four hours, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We should play soccer," he grinned, making Alex turn to him with her eyes wide and lit up with excitement. Miguel almost melted at the sight. Her eyes sparkled in the lighting; the sunlight peeking in from the blinds of her window. Her dimples showed, her beautiful clear skin glowing. Miguel would never get tired of looking at her.

"Really?" she beamed. Miguel nodded, Alex jumping out of his arms and running over to her closet. She grabbed the soccer ball and her bright orange converse, quickly sliding the shoes on. Before Miguel could even get off the bed, Alex was already out the door and running through the apartment to outside. Miguel chuckled, grabbing his shoes and running after her.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

"Okay, your goal is that dumpster... and mine is those old traffic cones over there," she points to the places. Her old white and orange soccer ball was tucked underneath her arm and the thin, light orange cardigan she was wearing was sitting on a nearby bench and her white tank-top showing from underneath her bright orange (yeah, orange is definitely her favorite color) overalls.