Chapter Five.

"Baby don't you know that I want you
It's only getting stronger what am I supposed to do
Holding you close breathing you in
Tryna to hold back all the words that I'm thinking"

Harry Styles

"You don't think she'll mind right?" I ask Millie, I'm doubting myself and she's the only other person here who can give me some sort of approval- even if it's coming from a person a literally just met.

"no- no! I don't think she'll mind, besides- I can give you her phone number and you can go meet her on your own"

yes, I can take Aurora's phone number.
It's only logical.

I nod and Millie puts in aurora's number on my phone.

So, I just dial the number and I'm going to find her- I'm going to speak to her; and it's all going to go well.

She's going to tell me that she fell sick and she couldn't call me and then I'd understand and we'd probably decide to meet once she's better.

or

she's going to tell me that she doesn't want anything to do with me and ask me to leave her alone.

Which is not.. so okay.

Nevertheless the outcome, I'm going to get an answer.
I'm not expecting her to agree to my every request.

I'm expecting closure- and closure I will get.

Millie is a patient saint, she waits for me to make a decision, she understands my yearning for Aurora and the heights I was willing to reach if it meant I could speak her again.

I bring my subtly shivering hands that are holding the phone upto my ear upon dialing her number.

ring

ring

ring

"hey this is Aurora! I'm so sorry I'm not near my phone at the moment, leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you" I hear her honey sweet voice again.

Listenning to her voice makes me realise how much I actually want her-- how much I want her to like me.

Her voice just makes this situation a hundred times more realer, which is terrifying- because it also makes me realise that there's a lot at stake here.

If I do end up speaking to her- if she picks up, she might tell me that she really doesn't want to be involved in all of this.

I don't know if I'll ever be okay listenning to that.

It's funny how one meeting can have such a strong effect on a person.

The phone had gone silent on the other line by the time I got out of my own head.

At this point people usually give up- they give and go on with the rest of their lives, forgetting about the strangers they meet sometimes; even if the stranger makes them really happy.