Chapter Seven.

"I like me better when I'm with you"

                                 Aurora Brown

My focus is scattered, I am filled with nervous anticipation, excitement, giddiness even.

I'm so restless I can't even hold a decent conversation with my mom on the phone or sit still without my thoughts dancing in infinite directions. Yet, I have to get through the day in one piece. After all today is the big day.

My first date with Harry.

It's been two days since Harry randomly showed up at my door with Millie and then asked me out.

And no, I'm never getting used to how it sounds.

It's about 5:15pm which means Harry will be picking me up in less than two hours, which I realise is not a lot of time. I decide to get ready for my date knowing I have nothing better to do.

I take a shower, the water hot and ample washes over me, giving instant relief to my tensed back muscles, I soak myself in the water and run my hands through my hair getting rid of any previously present knots.

I lather a generous amount of shampoo on my head, I massage it well into my scalp to get rid of all dirt. I scrub my body clean, until I'm happy with the amount of froth the body wash produces, let's just say,  it was more than enough to make a shark fin out of it on my head.

I'm big on spending my money on shampoos, body lotions and perfumes, I have a strange affinity to collecting different scented body products. I enjoy both, smelling nice and nice smelling people- that's one of the things that oddly enough pulls me towards Harry, His distinctive smell of cologne has its way of making me feel at rest.

I brush my teeth and wiped the foggy mirror, little beads of water drip down the mirror almost as if they are racing with one another.

I get out of the shower and smear Vanilla-Shea Butter scented lotion all over my body and spritz perfume on my damp skin, at the crevices of my collar bones, over my neck and on my wrists.

I decide to wear a short black flowy summer dress, which apparently is quite ideal for a first date, atleast according to my best friend Ash who is currently somewhere in Los Angeles, studying instead of being here with me and freaking out about my date. Although she knows I'm going on a date, she doesn't know that it's with Harry. I decided to wait it out before I tell her.

The dress fits me perfectly, slightly cinched at the waist, hugging my curves in all the right places, I paint my nails Lilac to contrast the floral fabric

The dress fits me perfectly, slightly cinched at the waist, hugging my curves in all the right places, I paint my nails Lilac to contrast the floral fabric. Ultimately pairing my outfit with a sky blue denim jacket and black high heeled thigh-high boots. Once I'm satisfied with the way I looked I give myself a well deserved little twirl.

I let my hair air dry into the natural waves they are, and put on some light makeup- not only because I don't really like applying too much but also because I could never seem to master the art.