Chapter Eight.

"And those brown eyes, yes
You're the one that I desire"

Harry Styles

I'm attracted to her with the kind of heady trance that brings a butterfly to nectar. Her, with just the right blend of shy and sweet.

They say brown eyes are the least interesting of all the eye colours. How could they ever say that? What does the word 'Brown' mean anyway?

Brown eyes are the forest and the autumnal leaves, the soil in the summer and after the rains. How could we ever reduce something so spellbinding to one word? When the hues of it invite us to marvel in their complexity. Her beauty, her poise and her unspoken charm is still an unsolved mystery to me, part of me is curious to find a flaw in this woman but the other part is damn sure she had none.

She sits opposite to me, breath-takingly beautiful. The candle light flickering in an attempt to break the shared eye-gaze. Gentle breeze blows past us, her hair swaying along with the wind. There is a warmth her brown hair brought to her features, a simple frame for the smile and eyes that hold more prowess and grace than she would ever admit to.

When I say her smile was to die for, I mean it. It is one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen, as the evening progressed, we learnt more about each other, she is growing more comfortable around me, she doesn't hesitate to speak, she doesn't hesitate to tease me, she doesn't hesitate to show me the goofy, more open side of her. The more I get to know her, the more I want to get closer, the more I want to make her a part of my life- it's confusing in a way.

She's just plain beautiful, quoting my own song isn't the best move but- she has no idea. She doesn't know she's beautiful, how beautiful her soul is. I'd do anything for her, and in a heartbeat. Even if it meant blindfolding myself and giving her complete control over the steering wheel.

I don't worry though, I trust her.

But she seems like one of those people who you can trust, soft brown hair, big brown eyes hidden away from the rest of the world behind round glasses, lips plump always slightly turned upwards like she had never seen a grey cloud in her life. Tiny little spots and freckles arranged across her flushed cheeks oh-so-systematically, like each belonged to its own place, like a work of art made of nothing but confident, bold strokes.

I can feel her eyes on me, despite being blindfolded. I can feel her tense, applying more pressure on the gears as she changed them, probably worried about the way she carelessly let slip just one word.

'Yet'

She was probably still worried, even after I tried playing it cool but it's no secret that both of us are screaming our lungs out on the inside, it's just our first date and she'd already left me all hot and bothered.

To top it off, In a blindfold.

way to go.

The drive is considerably lengthy, going uphill most of the times but she speaks to me throughout the drive, telling me how much I will love the place she's taking me to. She continues to speak highly of the place she's driving me to, increasing my expectations along the way. She reminds me how much I hate and love surprises all at the same time.

The car comes to an abrupt halt, jerking my body away from the seat and towards the dashboard, my hands are quick to reach forward and reduce impact, to stop my body from toppling over and hitting the glass door.