Chapter Twelve.

"Don't you see me I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
And don't you need me
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you"

Harry Styles

"Her middle name, it's uh.. Noelle- like, like the song" I tell Mitch, who is nodding at me, and has been nodding at me for a suspicious amount of time.

Mitch can barely keep his eyes open, let alone maintain eye contact. "Are you fucking listening to me?" I shove his semi-lifeless body on the couch. The sudden push jolts him awake, making him look like Tarzan, but the Tarzan who experimented with the bad batch of cocaine.

"Piss off, Did you just fucking wake up me and barge into my apartment to tell me the girl's middle fucking name is fucking Noelle?!" he roars, "are you out of your goddamn mind Harry? I was fucking sleeping" he smashes his fist to the fabric of the couch.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you. Jesus Christ" He screams gripping the beige pillow on the couch on the verge of throwing it at me.

Hungover Mitch is scary.

Sleep deprived Mitch is scary.

Mitch in general is pretty scary.

To save myself myself from American curse words that I might not even know the meaning of, I sit down quietly beside him. The fuzzy maroon carpet matches the walls of his living room, every piece of his furniture goes well with the grunge setting of his house.

"No, Mitch I need you to listen to me.." I sigh.
Mitch rubs the sleep from his eyes when he realises that I do have something that I really need to say.

"Go on, tell me. What happened?" his voice comforts me, I watch him tie his hair and lean back against the couch while I bring my elbows to rest on my knees, my eyes dart back to the carpet.

He needs to get it cleaned.

"I was- I uh.. after I took a shower.. I listened to Aurora's and Ash's conversation.."

I can feel his eyes squinting at me, most probably with a disgusted look on his face. I would be too if I found out that someone was listenning to my conversations with my friends.

Mitch rubs his forehead, huffing, "Why would you eavesdrop Harry?" he says calmly. "that's not okay, is it?", " what else happened?"

I know I invaded her privacy, it wasn't right. I know that too. I'm not the kind of person who'd blame circumstances for the choices they make but the circumstances made me listen to her conversation.

I rest my hand at the back of my neck, playing with the chain that hangs from it, "I was drunk last night, absolutely wasted. I had no idea what I was saying.."

"hmm.. I know, I know- go on" Mitch says in monotone, expecting me to elaborate on my fuck up.

"she was telling Ash that.. I told her last night that I was falling in love with her.."  I drag the truth out slowly.

Mitch looks up at me in pure confusion, more like stare. I watch him closely to get some kind of response out of him, I'll take any kind of reaction gladly. Say something. Please.

"Harry, what the fuck?" he throws his arms in the air and shrugs in defeat.

"Why are you freaking out?", " I'm so happy for you, I honestly don't know why you're upset, it makes no sense. You're being stupid"

"No Mitch, you don't get it- this is not okay, it's not going to end well"

"Why?"

"Look Mitch, you know about this.. you know how difficult it is to be in such a public relationship, if someone we don't want to, finds out about Aurora and I, paps will be everywhere, her face will be plastered all over every gossip magazine and every random website, and Aurora.. she's not like that. I don't know if she'll be able to take it, it's going to be too overwhelming for her. The last thing I want, is for her to go through so much pain, she doesn't deserve the unwarranted criticism, she's perfect to me, if she decides to stick around she's eventually going to recieve hate. I don't want her to be hurt, I don't want her to think that she's less than anyone else. I don't want to be the reason she cries someday." I rant and run my hands through my unkempt hair.