Chapter Twenty-Two

"Would ya lend a hand to me if I needed help?
Would ya keep me company when I'm by myself?
And if heaven doesn't want us
Would you go with me to hell?
Hope you know I don't want nobody else"

a/n: I don't know about you,
but I'm feeling 22. (Taylor's version)

I would've been a complete idiot to not make that reference, it was- RIGHT THERE.

Aurora Brown

Falling in love.

We never say "rising into love", it's always falling, falling deep and falling hard.

It's crazy.

Giving yourself up. But this is the most powerful thing that can be done: surrender. An act of surrender to another person. Total abandonment of all control over your emotions.

I sit down by the window, staring at the cars that pass my apartment and Harry comes to mind, 

Opening up to Harry about my mother, telling him things that I've never told anyone before built a stronger tether between us.

Emotional vulnerability being vital to any relationship, forced me to step out of my comfort zone and talk to Harry about my troubled past.

And he listened, listened till I tired myself to sleep.

I woke up, expecting him to have left with all his things, but he was always there, his hands always interlocked with mine, his rings still on the bedside table and clothes all over the floor.

He stayed.

And it's just those simple things that I think have made me fall in love with Harry.

Completely surrendered myself to him.

His entirety, smile, eyes, freckles, humour, his heart. and I just find myself happy these days.

I'm singing for no reason, whistling for no reason and smiling for no reason. I haven't felt this happiness in a long time and I never want it to go away.

Harry left a few hours ago, asking me to get ready for a date, a date to make up for all the missed dates, 

Now I'm sitting at the foot of the bed, staring up, blankly at disheveled wardrobe and I decide to call Ash.

"hello?" Ash picks up and I thank the gods above.

"hey" I greet her while my mind finds a way to get straight to the point.

"it's fucking 10:30 am on a Saturday what do you mean by 'hey?' let me sleep!" she yells at me and bangs the phone before I can get another word in.

god, why do you have to be bitter?

So I call her again, well aware that I'm digging my own grave at this point.

"Aurora I swear to god, I get one day off-" she cries and I cut her off-

"I NEED YOUR HELP!" I blurt and she goes silent on the other side,

"hello? you there?" I ask her.

"oh my god, ARE YOU PREGNANT?" she yells so loud I have to pull phone away from my ears.

"what!? no no no ofcourse not why would- what on earth?" I shout back and we're both just yelling at each other.

"Why was that your first thought, why would I be pregnant?" I question her but I know that neither of us have an answer for why her brain works the way it works.