Chapter Twenty-Three

"devotion's like an ocean that's swallowing me, swallowing me whole
And I can't fight the feeling that
I want to grow, I want to grow old with you
Beneath my head is war
'Cause I'm yours
I'm yours"

TW: food and alcohol consumption ⚠️

Aurora Brown

"Aurora!"

"Aurora! oh fuck, please! fuck fuck wake up"

My eyes jolt open, air fills my lungs in one go, causing me to gasp loudly.

I'm met with the shade of green, that my mind has grown accustomed to over the past few months and instantly so, all my panic starts to disappear.

Harry sighs in relief, taking a moment to rest his head against the car seat, he clutches his chest and breathes heavily.

"nearly shit my pants there, you're proper mental." he runs his hands through his hair.

"you sound very British when you're stressed" I laugh, but my heart is still beating loudly, I can feel sweat crawl down my cold skin and everything feels foreign - but I keep it to myself.

I tuck my trembling hands behind my back, press my quivering lips together, smile and hide the tears that peril my eyelids, I don't want Harry to see it.

"seriously? that's the first thing you wanna say to me? you passed out for ten minutes and the first thing you say to me, is tha' I sound British?"

I look around and we seem to have stopped in some alleyway, it's dark outside already, I can hear cars go by in distance. My senses are on high alert,

He helps me sit up straight, "are you okay? m'sorry baby, didn't mean to scare you-" I give him a kiss on the cheek,

Fortunately, or unfortunately, if there's one thing I know how to do, it is to hide my panic well,

"that was the first time I've ever seen paps, or so many people altogether at the same time. There were too many lights and a lot of noise and they got really close to me and.. and claustrophobia" I tell him.

"I'm okay now, there's nothing to worry" I ensure him.

"are you okay?" I ask him and he nods.

He gives me a short but soft kiss as reassurance and holds my hand.

"I'm sorry this evening didn't go as planned, the fucking paps ruined everything" he mumbles against my lips.

"see, that's where you're wrong. The paps didn't ruin anything. I just had an idea" I wink and give Harry's cheek a light pat. Choosing to forget.

"well, you plan on telling me then? reckon we can't do 'nything about it till you tell me" he shrugs.

"I'm gonna tell you the same thing Ash told me, calm your tits. I'll tell ya" I laugh.

"what?" he bursts into laughter, making me laugh.

"where did that even come from? my tits?" harry continues to laugh and all of a sudden everything seems so unbelievably funny, unbelievably stupid but funny.

I watch him laugh, and everything happens in slow motion, the sound of his deep voice, reverberating in this car— a solace to all of my worries and medicine to all of my pain— I think about how I will remember this particular moment, till the day I die, this alleyway, his marroon shirt, the smell of the rain, the paps and how we made it out alive.