Chapter Twenty-Eight.

"today I'll have you around"

a/n: 28 oi oi

It's Christmas Season! the only time of the year parents aren't arrested for making their children sit on an old man's sweaty lap.

Snow, spearmint candy canes, stockings and St. Nicholas. What on earth could possibly go wrong?

A lot.

It's Christmas eve tomorrow and I still don't have a gift for Harry; Here's what no one tells you about dating rich guys. They're rich. What on earth could I possibly get Harry,

a) something that he doesn't already have

b) something he can't buy or more importantly won't buy for himself

c) something he actually likes.

I knew I would never be able to achieve this impossible feat on my own, I needed more.. manpower, so I had to call in the big guns.

"yup that's right, I'm the big guns" Mia chimes in, flexing her muscles and posing for.. cameras?

"Ms.Big Guns, you have hot chocolate spilt all over your sweater" I interrupt her, her eyes widen in shock as she looks down at her sweater. She spends a solid ten seconds staring at the sweater but makes no efforts whatsoever to clean it up. "i'm saving it for the journey" she claims and walks away.

Jokes apart. Today's my first day out of the house since the incident and Harry didn't want me to go out all alone, he has an important meeting with Jeff today so my two available options are Deucalion and Mia. I chose Mia because I'm sure, Deucalion wouldn't want to spend the few days of Christmas babysitting his colleague in Camden Market.

And, I haven't seen Mia in few months now. My sister being my sister, "would never deny a free chance to meet Harry Styles and spend a night decorating his house" I say the latter part of my sentence out loud to which she adds, "pfft. NEVER."

Though my mother and I haven't spoken a word to each other in years, Mia was able to convince her to let her stay the night with me, I don't know how she did it, but I'm glad she did.

For almost three years I wasn't allowed to meet, or talk to Mia. I was alienated from my own sister, and the house that I grew up in. She was kept away from me by my parents. If I moved out to make a life for my own, that meant I don't get to see my sister anymore. It's been somewhere around year now since we finally got to see each other again.

The first few meetings had been a complete secret, lots of lying and secretly tiptoeing. But along the way, my mother, surprisingly, has been more accepting of the situation. A true surprise really.

And by what Mia tells me. My mum's also been trying to get sober and trying to be a "better mother",
Unfortunately, I've seen this facade a few too many times for me to believe it, I don't buy the act, but if she truly is trying, then i'm happy for Mia.
My angel deserves all the love and happiness in the world.

Instinctively so, my eyes roam the store for her. I do find her, eventually, but in a white beard that was practically blinding her. We walk out of the store upon not finding anything that caught my eye; my search being further inconclusive.