Chapter 26

When the zombie apocalypse had started five days ago the streets were full of chaos, with people running and screaming for their life, fighter jets flying above among the darkened clouds, bullets hitting some undead, but failing to control them inevitably.

But now there is just silence in the streets, and the roads are unusually empty with only a few lurkers appearing every now and then only to be hit by the monster car they're driving in.

"Something is definitely off!" Dahyun notes lifting her head to take a proper look out the window.

Jihyo turns to look at Jeongyeon sharing worried glances. "Do you think we'll make it out of here alive?"

"Everyday is a gamble!" Jeongyeon admits reluctantly. They're not superheroes, they're just a group of nine young girls.

"Which is why I've been thinking," Aera tells from across Nayeon, "I should ask you something before it's too late!"

Nayeon raises a quizzical eyebrow, her hands tightening around Mina's middle when the car swerves to the side after hitting a zombie. "Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend Nayeonnie?"

Tzuyu slams the break hard throwing everyone forward.

Mina tenses in Nayeon's lap.

"You have a boyfriend!" Jihyo tries to remind Aera for the millionth time.

"And I have-" Nayeon begins but stops because she doesn't know what she is to Mina.

She knows where her feelings lay but they haven't defined their relationship and it would be presumptuous of her to assume she meant anything more than a fuckbuddy to the younger girl.

Aera sees her hesitation and finishes smugly, "No one! You're single, I broke up with my boyfriend this morning. So why can't we?"

Mina turns her head around slightly, her face schooled into a neutral expression as she looks at Nayeon.

"Because you're like her sister!" Jeongyeon interrupts trying to put off the disaster in making once the idiot bunny opens her mouth.

Nayoen's nose scrunches in disgust, because someone scheming and manipulative like Aera could never be her sister. "She's not!"

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes, the bunny seems to be eagerly digging a hole in the ground for herself with a shovel in her hand.

Aera beams a little and Mina has the urge to open the door and kick her outside.

She gives a sweet smile to Nayeon, "Call Aera your sister Nayeon-chan!"

"Minayah!" Nayeon shakes her head vehemently, "No!"

Dahyun stomps her foot, glad she's the one in the giving end for a change.

"Dubu!! What the fuck was that for?"

"Do you hear anything?" Dahyun asks Chaeyoung innocently, paying no attention to the older girl.

"The sound of an idiot yelling in pain?" Chaeyoung snorts, "No I definitely don't!"

"That's settled then, if I'm not like your sister you can date me! Thank you Nayeonnie!" Aera declares.

Before Nayeon can understand and process her words, Aera reaches around Mina and grabs Nayeon's face, shoving her tongue in for a hungry kiss.

Everyone in the car freezes as they try to grasp what just happened. Mina slides off Nayeon's lap to take the spot Aera had just vacated.

Nayeon is too stunned to push Aera away from her lap. Her mouth opens and closes like a fish as she strokes her lips with a thumb as if in a daze.

"Hi girlfriend!" Aera smiles as she loops an arm around Nayeon's neck.

Nayeon opens her mouth to protest but the car comes to another abrupt halt. "We've arrived!" Tzuyu announces to the girls.

"And the Kdrama episode ends in a cliffhanger!" Jeongyeon mutters under her breath.

Arming themselves one by one they step out of the car, slowly and carefully as they make their way to the apartment complex which has two building in its premises.

"Minayah!" Nayeon approaches the girl hesitantly when they're safely inside the complex.

Mina crosses her arms and looks at her with a blank expression. "Yes Nayeon?"

"Aera-"

Mina cuts her off and offers another sickeningly sweet smile. "It doesn't matter! You're single and you can date who you want!"

"Really?" Nayeon tries to mask the heartbreak from showing on her face. So she really doesn't mean anything to the younger girl.

Mina smiles again. "Of course!"

"That's the maniacal smile of a girlfriend who's plotting hundred ways to kill you!" Tzuyu whispers to Dahyun.

"What if I don't want to date her?" Nayeon scratches her neck awkwardly.

"Just ask Mina to be your girlfriend idiot!" Jihyo says, casting a careful glance at her surroundings.

"She can't!" Aera announces, "She already agreed to be mine!"

"I didn't." Nayeon denies.

"You kissed me!"

"No, you kissed me!"

"In conclusion we kissed each other!" Aera grins.

Nayeon tilts her head in confusion wondering if that logic is technically correct.

Mina turns around impatiently.

"Mina, stop!" Nayeon wraps her hand around the younger girl's wrist.

"Sorry Nayeon-chan, I don't want to come in between you and your girlfriend." Mina shrugs out of the grasp and fixes Jeongyeon and Tzuyu with a stern glance, "You coming with me or not? We have survivors to find!"

Nayeon watches with a pout as Mina makes her way inside the building with Jeongyeon, Tzuyu and a smug Aera in tow.