Chapter 3

Nayeon sighs exasperatedly. They've been going in circles for about thirty minutes now.

"Shut up." She yells. "I'll go by myself."

Jeongyeon frowns. "Are you mad? We don't know how many of them are out there."

"Yeah you can't go alone." Momo pouts.

She slips her leather jacket back over the loose sleeveless T-shirt and grabs the baseball bat again. "Listen," She struts to where everyone is listing a hundred reasons why she can't go out alone. "Tzuyu is the only one who knows how to kick ass."

Jeongyeon looks offended.

"She needs to be here." Nayeon continues ignoring Jeongyeon. "That means the only other person who's fit to head out is me."

"Why?" Sana queries.

"Because I used to watch a lot of Jackie Chan films when I was young." Nayeon states matter of factly.

Mina's gaze is full of concern and worry. "It's dangerous Nayeon-chan."

Nayeon smiles at her reassuringly. "I'll be careful."

Everyone agrees after a while that Nayeon is their best bet to get to the fire truck at the basement.

With its metallic shields and threatening size, it seems like the safest means of transport to get them to their hideout.

"Do you know how to drive a fire truck?" Jeongyeon glances at Nayeon who is tying the laces on her boots.

"Sure, I'm an expert at everything." She dismisses her concern offhandedly and frowns when the shoelace becomes untied again.

Mina kneels down before her and ties them for her.

Momo plays the mission impossible theme on one of the computers as Nayeon rotates the bat in her hand and walks to the door where the incessant banging is coming from.

"Go Nayeon. Whohoo." Momo squeals, hyping her up.

Mina, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon walk alongside Nayeon to shut the door when she leaves.

Nayeon leans up to release the latch. The growl from the other side becomes louder. Their zombie driver reaches for her jacket through the gap between the heavy doors.

Nayeon stops and turns to Mina.

"Minaya," Nayeon begins softly. "I don't know if I'll come back alive, and even if I make it there's no guarantee I'll live to see another day. I don't want to die with regrets. If I come back alive.." She pauses.

Momo wipes an imaginary tear away from her eyes. "I think she's going to tell Mina how much she means to her." She sniffs. "And then she's going to give us all a heartfelt speech one by one."

"I want to have sex with you." Nayeon finishes.

Mina's eyes grow.

Dahyun snorts.

Tzuyu opens and closes her mouth like a fish.

Chaeyoung chuckles with amusement.

Jeongyeon smirks and gives a thumbs up to Nayeon.

Jihyo rolls her eyes.

Momo blinks.

Sana's mouth drop opens.

The zombie tugs on Nayeon's jacket impatiently.

"What do you say?" Nayeon glances at the girl as she uses all her strength to keep the door shut. Thin bead of sweats drip down her face from the physical exertion.

Their zombie driver growls loudly and grabs her jacket pulling her close to the door.

Nayeon turns sidewards, "Do you mind?" She stares at him with disbelief, "I'm trying to have an important conversation here."

He looks confused for a second and then goes back to pulling her jacket.

"Right." Jihyo scoffs. "Wanting to get into her pants is a very important conversation."

"Mina's wearing a skirt." Momo slants her head in confusion.

"Minari is very sensible. She doesn't do anything spontaneous or rash." Sana exclaims, "She's going to say no."

"Okay." Mina's eyes become shy and bashful.

"Cool." Nayeon smiles and slams the door open in the zombie's face who holds his nose and groans in pain.

She swings her bat across his face when he gets back up on his feet and hums a low whistle happily to herself as she sashays down the corridor.

Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon shut the door and fasten the latch on the door after making sure Nayeon has made it to the end of the hall alive.

"I can't believe that worked." Sana's eyes are round and wide with astonishment.

She clears her throat and looks at Dahyun. "I don't want to die without-" and gets cut off before she finishes.

"No."